Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week 19

Week 19

Fruit/Veggie/Item
heirloom tomato


Size
Our baby girl is about 6 inches long and weighs 8 1/2 ounces

Baby Changes (Source: www.babycenter.com)
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby's 
arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Best Moment this Week

Last week was really fun seeing family now that everyone knows I am pregnant and that it is a girl! Also, Casey & I just had fun hanging out with each other while we had a few days off together. We even went to Babies R Us and looked at furniture and other baby items. We didn't really know what we were doing, but I found some new maternity, skinny jeans there that I love!! :) I also got a sweet gift from Lauren from her trip to Virginia/North Carolina. It is a cute little pink, baby headband with a pink flower that you can change out! I love it:)

Gender
A precious baby girl!

Movement
Felt the baby a lot less once school started back due to all my moving around, but when I am still for any length of time I definitely feel her! It is so fun! :)

Food Craving
Nothing real specific…icecream, Caesar dressing, Dr Pepper...but even those aren't very "craving" like.

Sleep
I have been real tired after work this week, but sleeping all through the night this week without a sore back and without having to use the restroom! Yay!!! Haha!

What I am looking forward to
I can't wait to start buying furniture and decorating the nursery. I also can't wait for Casey to be able to feel the baby move!!


Symptoms

I have to use the restroom a million times a day even when I don't drink anything?! I hope that doesn't last forever because is it isn't very convenient when I have 20 twelve year olds in a room alone while I run down the hall…

No comments: