Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 22

Week 22

Fruit/Veggie/Item
spaghetti squash


Size
Our baby girl now weighs about 1 pound and is about 11 inches long - the length of a spaghetti squash

Baby Changes (Source: www.babycenter.com)
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Best Moment This Week
My doctor's appointment today! This was the first appointment without getting a sonogram, but that's okay because my doctor has done 4 already! I've been spoiled. Today I did get to hear the heartbeat on the doppler and that was still pretty cool! :)

Gender
A sweet little baby girl:)

Movement
I haven't felt her move as much this week as I did last week, but I am still feeling her some everyday. Last night I swear I saw my stomach twitch when she kicked me pretty hard! It will be neat to see that more :)

Food Craving
nothing unusual for me :)

Sleep
Sleep has not been going so well this week. I wake up from back pain and can NOT get comfortable. I think I am going to start sleeping in my back brace if things do not improve.

What I am looking forward to
Getting our baby furniture in and cleaning out the nursery and painting it PINK!

Symptoms
just back pain...

Weight
So far I have gained 9 pounds since my first appointment back in September. I was pretty shocked to hear that today because I feel like I should have gained way more than that…and I think I look like I've gained more than 9, too, but maybe not!

No comments: