Oh my goodness, time is a flyin'! Sawyer had her 4-month-old doctor's appointment today! She had 6 vaccines in the form of 3 shots to the leg and one oral liquid one that she did not think was tasty (like they said she would). She is sooo much fun these days! We just love her to pieces, and I am so enjoying staying at home with her. I love that I have only worked one day without her in her entire life and that was last week at my new part time job - Mimosa Lane Playschool (it was orientation/staff development). Next week she starts Playschool with me on Tuesdays & Thursdays! Woohoo!
AT FOUR MONTHS…
- Sawyer sleeps well through the night! On a normal night she will sleep anywhere from 8 to 12 hours! It's amazing! :)
- Sawyer holds her head up just fine and still loves to look around.
- She can sit up in her Bumbo unassisted and seems to enjoy it.
- Sawyer loves to stand on her own with someone holding onto her hands for balance. She grins ear to ear while doing this!
- She curls her toes under while she stands and it is pretty funny!
- Sawyer talks and talks and talks! She loves to sit in her bouncy seat and chat with her toys, or lay on a pillow or her changing mat and talk to you while you look down at her. Sometimes I think she just likes the sound of her own voice! :)
- She has begun to reach out and grab her toys and look at them, put them in her mouth, and play with them! She even likes to grab a handful of her momma's hair ;)
- She has also discovered her feet and loves playing with them! She pulls them up and even tries to put them in her mouth, haha!
- Sawyer has become a drooling queen! That is definitely a new 4-month attribute because there wasn't much drool before! She's just getting her mouth ready for some baby food! Now if we could just get her to swallow her drool, then we'll start her on food ;)
- Sawyer rolls over almost every day now! She will play on her tummy for a little while and then either roll over or lay her head down to take a nap.
- Sawyer has begun sucking her thumb!!! I was astounded when I saw her do this the first time. Where did it come from? Where did she learn it? I guess it just comes naturally! She much prefers her thumb to her pacifier, and she really only wants to suck her thumb when she is sleepy. It is super cute, but I hope she doesn't start becoming dependent on it in order to fall asleep…but that doesn't seem to be the case for now.
- Sawyer is still wearing newborn diapers and most newborn clothes. She is beginning to wear some 0-3 month clothes now, but they still look a tiny bit big on her. They are much easier going over that noggin of her's though :)
- Sawyer is getting StarBand this week and will wear it anywhere from 2-5 months depending on how fast her head grows!
- She laughs and kicks during baths and still seems to enjoy the water! She has been in the swimming pool 2 different times now.
- Sawyer takes about 2 or 3 naps during the day that range from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours in addition to sleeping through the night.
- She typically eats about 5 times a day and will drink anywhere from 6oz to 10oz at a time.
Sawyer's Weight Progression:
13 weeks - 9 lbs 13 oz
14 weeks - 10 lbs 7 oz
15 weeks - 10 lbs 6 oz
16 weeks - 10 lbs 10 oz
17 weeks/4 months - 10 lbs 14 oz
Here is our pretty little Sawyer at 4 months old!