Thursday, January 28, 2010

RIP Monty, Hello Tori

We got a new car!!!

Her name is Tori.

She is a maroon '04 Ford Taurus. Don't hate. Tori is quite good-looking.

We are very excited about Tori because she was inexpensive and a great deal! Tori only has 45,000 miles and she only cost us $4,000! What a great find! We got paid $367 for Casey's old car (RIP Monty the Montero). So, in all, this only ended up costing us $3,693 (when you include that we paid an extra $60 for another micro-chipped key). It's crazy that we a got a new car for only $500 more dollars than fixing Casey's car would have been. We were quoted around $3,200 to get a new engine in his car.

What a blessing!!!

I have to admit, when Casey called and told me that his car died on the highway and was going to cost that much to fix... I felt doomed. And I had a bad attitude about it. I was genuinely mad. I wasn't disappointed, I was mad. That's not really okay. Or I don't think it should be my attitude.

Now I feel blessed though, and I hope to try to remember this the next time we have car problems OR something else like this happens.

To remember Monty by...


Here's Tori!
She's Aggie Maroon=)
I love that she is so clean on the inside! It feels rare to get a used car with absolutely NO inside blemishes!

Tomorrow's Friday everyone! Yay!!!

3 comments:

Ginni said...

Congrats on the new car!!

Beverly said...

Wow! That's back when "Monty" looked good! Hard to remember back then.
Love the new car! Hope you guys are happy with it! I can't believe you got another fancy key for $60? I paid a LOT more for the key I bought for Mitch's car!

jordanandrachel said...

what a great deal! very nice car!! I like the color=) hope it lasts a long time=)
that's funny yall named it...haha