Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Austin Anniversary Trip: Day 3

The 3rd day of our trip to Austin was New Year's Eve. It started and ended with good food! Haha! We slept in a little that morning and then headed to Kerbey Lane for breakfast! I was STARVING by the time we got there and then when we left I was so full I was about to pop. We both had pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Delicious. We didn't end up eating lunch that day because of that stuff though - we were the bad kind of full. The miserable kind of full. You know the feeling?

After lunch we went back to the hotel and I took a nap (due to the fullness) and Casey watched TV while I did that. We basically slept 'til it was time to get ready for dinner. :) We went to Chuy's (our fav). It was packed, as usual, but worth the wait. After dinner we went to Mozart's to play some cards and drink some coffee. I LOVE Mozart's. It's gotta be the coolest coffee house ever. It's on a dock on the lake and there are places to sit indoor and outdoor on the lake. It was one of the places we went the night that Casey proposed.

After many hands of playing Speed at Mozart's, we went 6th Street for New Year's Eve. First we walked around and watched all of the crazy people in the street. It was a mad house. We then took a 30-minute carriage ride around downtown Austin - down Congress and around the Capitol. It was cold, but so pretty and fun! It was my first ever horse and carriage ride. A great New Year's Eve/2 Year Anniversary thing to do. :) After the carriage ride we walked a little ways down 6th Street to watch the ball drop (they had a real ball dropping - not just watching the one in New York on TV, haha). People were acting crazy, but it was still fun. We rang in the new year and then headed back to the hotel to sleep (we don't often stay up that late)!
Some of the best breakfast ever!

Chuy's is probably our favorite restaurant to eat at together - We LOVE the jalapeno ranch!!

This is where Mozart's Coffee House is located




Inside the Driskill Hotel



Our view of the capitol from our ride




Getting ready for New Year's Eve!

 
He looks so excited here and I like it :


Well, there's only 1 day left to our trip and it's coming soon! :)

6 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

you forgot to mention that I dominated you at Speed!

Love,

Casey

~Laura~ said...

I like the one of y'all in the carriage! And, that carriage looked so fancy.. I've never been in one either.. I bet it was romantic! haha!
Oh, and I meant to say earlier, that I would love to see the first photograph, I've read and heard about it so much, that would have been really neat!

Beverly said...

Wow, what fun you had on your trip!! Believe me, I KNOW that kind of miserable full! LOVE Kerby Lane and Chuy's also. Excellent choices.

Ginni said...

Cute pictures!!! I love that you took pics of the restaurants!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

i love, love, love Kerby Lane!

jordanandrachel said...

what a cute carriage!! it looks like yall had a very special time, good for yall=)
i always love the pics you take!!