Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Bodies Exhibit

I was asked to give a review over the Bodies Exhibit I went to with my mom on MLK day.

I realllly liked it, but I like science-type of stuff and so does my mom.

Yes, there are dead bodies there with their skin ripped off so you can see their muscles, organs, bones, and nerves. Yes, there are some dead bodies there with their skin still ON. Yes, there are males and females.

We saw real bodies, with real eyeballs, with real brains showing in their heads. Every part of the specimen IS real. NONE of it is plastic. It was awesome. The bodies look exactly like they do on the billboards and on the website. If you think what you see there is cool, then you will like going to the exhibit. If you think it is gross and may pass out, then its probably not for you. I go weak when I think about needles, but not persevered bodies. And.... there's no blood.

There was a 'health' part where it had real lungs - one with lots of smoke inhalation and a healthy one. There was even a box to drop your cigarettes into and be done forever! Haha.

Also, there was a baby section. That part was kind of sad, but still very interesting. There was a sign that made a point to say that none of those babies were aborted. They all died of natural causes. They were intact. It was tasteful. They had babies at different stages - all the way down to 6 weeks in the womb. You would be surprised at how much they are formed at that tiny stage. Such a case for pro-life, I thought.

It was $22 for an adult. We paid the extra $5 for the audio, but I don't think you need it. I personally prefer to read the stuff most of the time instead of listen. It just depends on what type of learner you are.

Hope this helps you figure out if you'd like to go! They'll be in Dallas until April!

1 comment:

~Laura~ said...

I went to the exhibit a couple of years ago, when it first came out, it was very interesting! It was really strange to see the babies like that, kinda sad, but really put things into perspective! Was the horse there? I thought that was kinda cool too.