Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK

Happy MLK Day!
I have the day off today and I could not be more excited!=) I got up early this morning and went to Chiloso with Casey for some breakfast tacos! Now I'm getting ready to hit the gym with my mom and Lauren for a 24 Lift class! It is an hour-long weightlifting class, but it's also a total body workout! I'm pretty excited at how well I've been doing with my working out 'resolution'! My goal is to work out 7x's a month - which is pretty reachable, of course, but I needed something reachable so I wouldn't get too discouraged and quit. It's so hard to make time for it when I'm in TAKS-testing season...tutoring starts next week - blah!! This will be my 4th time to work out this month and it's the 18th. Not too shabby and it sure beats not working out at all!

After working out I'm going to see the Bodies Exhibit at the West End MarketPlace with my mom! Pretty cool if you like that sort of thing - which I do!=) You should check it out - it's only here until April.

After that I've got some down time before we go to the Stars game with the youth group! Fun times!

Oh, and a shout out to good ole Martin Luther King Jr - thanks for sharing your dream with us and making the US a better place!=)


3 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

an hour is a pretty long class... i am impressed! Thanks allowing me into your private blog world!

Ginni said...

I hope you enjoyed your day off! I want to hear how the lift class went, I am about to go to the one with Diana and it is awesome/hard. And I want to hear about the bodies exhibit, you recommend? Happy MLK day!

Beverly said...

Cute MLK picture!!
Give us some details on the body exhibit. Sounds interesting. Any gross stuff? I don't do gross! :)
So, you didn't go to the hockey game?