Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 29

Week 29

Fruit/Veggie/Item
a butternut squash


Size
She is now 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from the top of her head to her heels.

Baby Changes (Source: www.babycenter.com)
Your baby's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day. *I'll let y'all know that I have been drinking milk galore so this will not be a problem!!*

Best Moment this Week
I have had several good moments this week…First, Casey and I did a little experiment with a flash light the other night - I put the flashlight up to my belly and moved it around for about a second trying to find Sawyer's face and she started kicking and freaking out! Casey and I both saw my stomach twitching all over and it was quite funny!


Second, I took back some winter maternity clothes that I hadn't worn yet and got 4 new spring/warmer weather shirts that I am excited about getting to wear when it warms up! Since I only own about 15 articles of clothing that fit, it is nice to get some new clothes:) 


Lastly, We also put shelves in Sawyer's closet today and it was fun to get to do some stuff in her room! I put my man to work on snow days, but he is getting to play some basketball now that he has worked! Haha! ;)

Gender
GIRL! Sawyer Grace:)

Movement
Sawyer is still kicking powerfully! I like how much she kicks because I never have to wonder if she's okay or not!

Food Craving
I've been eating a LOT of ice cream - pretty much everyday :)

Sleep
still sleeping pretty well, but wake up easier than I use to.

What I am looking forward to
I am getting excited about my baby showers! :)

Symptoms
I have started having Braxton Hicks!! It is NOT comfortable and I hope it goes away! I also have the occasional acid reflux, back pain, and constantly have to use the restroom…which I'm sure Casey just loves when we are out and I have to make several stops in the ladies' room:)

Weight
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I have gained 19 lbs since my first appointment   at 8 weeks (11 weeks ago)! I was kind of surprised, but I'm thinking it is due to all that ice cream I've been eating…
Not too much longer now...

No comments: