Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Celebration!

So for Casey's birthday I took him to Hattie's in the Bishop Arts District. He didn't know where we were going, but eventually figured it out when I kept driving onto I-35. The food was more delicious than we imagined and we both ate nearly all of our massive servings! That is like Casey, but unlike me…but actually it is like pregnant me. :) I feel like eating is one of my main hobbies these days. ;) I kind of wish I had taken a picture of our food. It was really good. Casey got steak and I got the catfish that had an amazing lemon butter sauce on it. Yum. I am getting hungry for it right now! Anyway, after dinner we walked around and went into the many shops that are scattered up and down the street. I really like the Bishop Arts District. We have eaten at 3 restaurants there now (2 of them was with the Rickersons!). Here are some pictures from after dinner.
 The next night Casey's disciple now plans got canceled so we were able to go out with Charlie and Ginni! We ate at Fuzzy's Taco Shop and then saw The King's Speech at The Angelika! It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the movie. It was everyone's first time at Fuzzy Taco and the Angelika, so that was neat! I didn't take any pictures though, and I wish I would have :(
Sunday was Casey & my Momma Sheila's joint birthday party! Casey turned 28 and my Momma Sheila turned 68! They are exactly 40 years and a day apart! We had a little party at my mom's house for them.
Here they are:) You can't really tell, but they are "sharing" the 8 on the cake, haha!
First it was Momma Sheila's turn in the birthday chair! :)
And then Casey's!
Here comes my spoiled husband's presents…
First, he got some new basketball shoes (from me). He plays up at 24 Hour a lot! Then he got new "dressy" tennis shoes…I know he's a man, but that's what he wanted. :) These are from my Momma Sheila. 
Then he got some new workout/running shoes from my Uncle Russell…and a new North Face jacket from my mom!
 
Isn't he spoiled?! I know it sounds crazy, but he really wanted all 3 of those shoes. Haha!
Then his birthday celebration continued onto Monday night when I made him a birthday cake for our CG :) I had him and Ginni take a picture together because both of their birthdays are in January (just a few weeks apart). Charlie and Casey both thought this was weird, but Ginni and I thought it was funny! :) Happy 27th birthday to Ginni and 28th to Casey! :)
Well that ends Casey's birthday celebration! It lasted a complete 4 days:)
Hope you enjoyed it, babe!

2 comments:

Ginni said...

We need to be better about taking pictures when we go out! Oh and I love the birthday chair, ha ha, very cute!

mackyton said...

Yeah that birthday chair is super cute. I love the cake as well. My sister’s birthday with the Oscar themed just turned out to be super amazing. It was hosted at rooftop rental spaces for parties in LA. The food, custom décor and the personalized huge cake- everything was just awesome.