Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bumpy Belly

I don't at all believe this picture is real, especially after the research I did about it. But wouldn't it be cool if it was? I've been sitting on the couch (on my snow day;) watching my belly bump around and twitch all over. This baby girl has got to be one of the most active babies there are. It seems like every half hour or so she will move a crazy amount and bulges can be seen from most directions on my stomach. I will see/feel a bulge by my belly button and way over by my side at the same time. Guess she's getting a little bit snug in there and is trying to stretch out! :) Yesterday I was sitting at my desk at school and I was leaning forward a bit to type on my laptop when the skinny metal drawer got kicked and made a noise! My stomach was barely touching it, but Sawyer Grace kicked it and it actually moved! I have experienced this multiple times at home when I am on the couch leaning far back and my laptop does a little dance as she kicks it around! It is definitely something to marvel over! How can a 2 lb baby inside my body move a laptop?! I plan to prove this with video for those of you who do not believe me, but you can ask my family, too because they have seen my stomach moving around as well. I started feeling this baby at 15 weeks and my nurse acted as if that wasn't possible, but she was very wrong - that same movement is what I have felt this entire time. Casey was even able to feel her outside my stomach at 20 weeks! Maybe my skin in extra thin?! Haha! Anyway, I looked back at my blog and realized I never posted the 3D pictures from November 17th (the day the doctor wrote that we were having a girl!). Here they are! I think she is extra pretty already. :)

This picture is so crazy because you can see her entire little body.
She is covering her face with her arm, but you can see her little ear, her rib cage, and her little legs and a foot.
 The umbilical cord is what is in front of her stomach/chest area
 The cord was in the way, so he "pushed passed" it with sound waves, that's why her face looks a little blurry. Technology really is crazy.
 The cord is in the way on the right, but you can see her hands up by her face and her nose and mouth.
 Casey and I were talking the other night about whether our baby will have any hair…I had some dark hair when I was first born, but it all fell out and I was completely bald for a long time (almost 2 whole years…) and Casey had a little bit of hair, but not much. Good thing headbands are in style because this baby will be wearing them a lot! :)

Can't wait to meet you sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

~Laura~ said...

Feeling and SEEING a baby move inside you really is the most amazing thing! So cool. :)

Kelly & Jim said...

lauren, when my mom was pregnant with my brother (i was 8 yrs old) he pushed his foot out against her tummy and we could see the outline of his foot...not completely clear as the pic you posted, but it was so crazy to be able to see him move and tell what the body part was. I remember it so clearly to this day!
it is amazing too the amount of force they are able to move with!