Thursday, July 30, 2009

We're soakin' up what's left of summer...

I only have a few more free days of summer so we're trying to do as much as we can. We've gone out on the boat a lot lately and are trying to find some more days for that again soon.

Tomorrow we have plans to go to 6 Flags if it doesn't get rained out. We'll see how that goes. I have a free ticket from a reading challenge some of my students did. They got a free a ticket and I got a free ticket! Fun!

Next weekend we're going with Casey's family (his mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, & nephew) to a cabin in Oklahoma! We did this last summer, too, and it was a lot of fun! We relaxed and took lots of naps, made lots of yummy food, read on the balcony, fished in the river, played games, and did a little bit of hiking. This time we're going for 4 days instead of 3. Fun stuff!

After we get back from that I only have one free week before I go back to school for staff development. I hate to think about it :( I really love teaching and feel passionate about it during the school year, but goodness, I love summer break!!

Here are some pictures of our recent outing with Charlie & Ginni!

Charlie pulled Casey on the tube like a mad man! One time Casey was shaking his head back and forth like he was scared for his life! It was pretty funny :)
Me & Ginni.
We're on the boat more for leisure purposes, haha.
Casey on the tube again.
He and Charlie tried to have fights on the tube to see who could knock the other off the fastest. They both kept falling off though because I'm such a good driver ;)
Ginni & I on the tube relaxing :)
This happens a lot. Usually it's her trying to pull me up though. That thing is impossible to get on if you are just sitting in the water!!
ha ha, this one makes me laugh....look at her leg on the side...we have some interesting techniques for getting on the tube!Charlie skiing before we realized the skiis were messed up
(we took them back and got some better ones :)
Casey & I at the end of the day! Much fun! :)

Last week we went on the boat with Jeremiah and Laura. I forgot my pictures so I had Laura let me download hers to my computer yesterday. Today I got on the computer to put them on the blog and....GONE! They are nowhere to be found :( Super sad day. So here are a couple I stole from her blog:
Casey pulling Jeremiah on the tube.
I thought this was a pretty artsy one that Laura took!
Laura & I going really fast on the tube. It was great fun!
The guys knocked us off several times, and we're pretty sure they tried to drown us a couple of times. Needless to say, Laura & I both left that day with some crazy tube burn on our elbows and knees.

Well, I'm sure there will be some 6 Flags and cabin pictures up before the summer is over!

Enjoy the last few weeks of freedom my teacher friends!

3 comments:

Ginni said...

Cute and funny pictures...good times!

~Laura~ said...

aw, bummer you lost the pictures! (I will give them to you again if you want? although, I'm kinda glad, that was a pretty 'revealing' one of me that I wasn't sure if you would post..!! lol) We should go again- not this weekend but the next??? :)

jordanandrachel said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! I'm really sad that we haven't been able to go out with you guys....although, I am excited about the beach we're going to! Anyway, hopefully we'll get to sometime soon here!!