Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lindsay's Wedding

This past Saturday we went to Lindsay Brimer & Joe Paris' wedding. Lindsay went to Mimosa Lane with Casey & I. Casey has known her since she was a little kid, and I have known her since 10th grade. We were in the youth group together, and Casey use to basically babysit her and her sister at the pool in the summers when they were little. Because of this, he thinks of her as a little girl even though she is only a year younger than me. Casey and I have drawn the conclusion that if he had known me when I was that age we would never have dated (even though 3 years is really not a big age difference at all!).

Anyway, their wedding was at the Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park in Dallas. I have never been to a wedding there so I was really looking forward to it! We were also excited to see all of our old Mimosa friends! It was basically a big Mimosa reunion! Even Chris DuPree was there (one of the old youth ministers at Mimosa who now lives in McAllen, TX several hours away) with his wife and 2 cutie kids! He is one of Casey's good friends, so he thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk with him.

Here are some pictures from the wedding!
Casey & I after the ceremony waiting on the reception to begin!
One more!
the back of Lindsay's pretty dress!
Doing the Dollar Dance with little Joshua McDill (Paul & Jill's son)! :)
Lindsay & I
Mr. & Mrs. Joe Paris!!
It was a fun night and a beautiful wedding! We wish them a happy and Christ-centered marriage!!

2 comments:

jordanandrachel said...

cute pics! dollar dances are fun! I remember at trisha's they made over 1500 at theirs!! crazy huh?
anyway, ps..yes, I know I put 08, it actually is supposed to mean July 8th, but I put 08, I don't know why I put the zero-but it stands for our anniversary 07/08(06). =)

bj wood said...

Lauren, Great Blog page. I love how you set it all up. Super creative. That is strange to think Casey use to bsit Lindsay and Elizabeth when they were little.
And you are right, that was a fun wedding. It was great to see everyone and Lindsay was beautiful.
Have a great weekend.
Barbara :)