Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'll be there for you...will you be there for me, too?

Does anyone else feel about a show how I feel about Friends?

There is perhaps no other show that I could watch over and over and over again like I can with Friends.

I probably started watching Friends 5 or so years after it started because my mom wouldn't let me for a really long time. I was 8 when it started in 1994 and I graduated from high school the week of the last episode. It felt like the end of an era and I cried. I sometimes still cry when I watch the last episode.

These days Friends is my default show. I like to have it on when I do stuff around the house, scrapbook, or get on the computer because I know what's going on without having to look up. I know each episode like the back of my hand. I own all ten season in a cute little red box (thanks to Casey! He gave them to me as a wedding present:).

I'll challenge anyone to the Friends game or Friends Scene It ;)

2 comments:

Collette Petty said...

I doubt I could win a trivia contest about Friends, but my husband and I LOVE that show!!! Like you, I can turn it on and do other things without really paying attention to the TV. We don't own the DVDs, but we have borrowed them from my brother-in-law before (you may know him...Josh Stewart...he and my sister-in-law, Amanda, go to cLife). The problem is that when we do borrow them, we don't get anything done around the house because we want to sit down and watch them together then we end up having a Friends marathon trying to cram in as many as we can. And yes, I can see why you're mom didn't let you watch them at first!

Anonymous said...

Been on a major Friends kick too & I think I could challenge you!! Such a cute little family, Lauren =) glad you're doing great!

-sarah