Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pass It On

A couple days ago, I was the lucky winner of a sercy from one of my blogger friends, Andrea Stewart (some of you may remember her as Andrea Gay from GCA & CCA). You may wonder, "what is a sercy?" I'm so glad you asked.

  • first of all, it can be spelled "sercy", "searcy", or "cerci"
  • it is a little unexpected gift given out of friendship, love, or thoughtfulness
  • if you're from the South, some call it "a happy"
  • comes from the French word, surprise

Although it's a sweet little gift that is not intended to be reciprocated, it is fun to pass on the gesture to other friends...and keep it going. That's the idea and the rules of the exchange. So, be one of the first 3 people (blog owners only) to comment to this post and I'll make a sercy for you. When I have received 3 comments, I'll email you so that I can get your shipping address. Then, wait patiently for your little sercy/searcy/cerci. :)

If you are a winner, you have to to post this on your blog and pass along a sercy, too, to your blogging friends. For a little inspiration and motivation, here is the super cute sercy gift I received from Andrea. Thanks girl!

It's actually a magnet, but the refrigerator kept giving me a glare, so I took it down for picture purposes :)

Ps. This is a picture of Casey & I on our last boat day. We took Maddie out on the boat for the first time and she had a blast. She wore a doggy life jacket, haha :)

Also, here is the sercy that Andrea's friend sent her.

3 comments:

~Laura~ said...

whoo-hoo! I'm the first comment! :)
Really cute idea! I have heard of something like this, just not this name. (btw, that girl who wrote the pencil note- AWESOME handwriting! lol!)
Your little gift was cute too! Which reminds me.. you never put pics up of y'all taking Maddie out..! :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

sweet! this sounds like a lot of fun! i really like that it involves being creative too! :) i guess this makes me a winner though. yippee!

Elementary Counselor said...

Such a cute idea!! I love it. :)