Saturday, February 23, 2013

2 Months from 2!

Sawyer is 22 months old! Yikes! I almost have a 2 year old on my hands. Cannot believe it. 

Here's what she's up to these days:

  • talking up a storm - saying something new everyday! Recently I taught her to say "two" when someone asks how old she is…I know we aren't there yet, but I figured it would be too confusing to switch from 1 to 2 in just a couple of months, plus she needs the practice. ;)
  • wearing size 3 diapers and ready to potty train. I just need to get my act together and start!
  • wearing 18 month or 2T clothing
  • playing with dolls constantly. Feeding them, kissing them, carrying them in her little carseat, etc.
  • loving Elmo and Sesame Street! At some point everyday she brings me the "mote" (remote) and tells me "Elmo!" I can't resist when she does this. 
  • Giving us hugs and kisses - love love love them.
  • playing well with others on playdates! Her current best friend is Avery (Kristin's daughter) and she talks about her often.
  • She loves Mathis (Charlie's & Ginni's son) and talks about him every single day. We don't know why. Haha!
  • She refers to Dayton as "Bubba" or "Dayton" or "baby" and will say "baby cries" whenever he fusses. 
  • She is into throwing away his diapers…but she has started throwing away clean ones, too, so I have to go find them every now and then. 
  • This past month she showed more independence in the Chick-fil-A playground. She wants to play in there so bad, but wants me to be in there, too. She cries when she notices that I walked out, but she is getting better and better. :)
  • She went to "parents night out" at c|Life and had a blast! She didn't cry when we dropped her off and she didn't want to leave when we picked her up! Same thing when I took her to the gym…when I got there to pick her up she didn't want to leave. Made me smile. My baby is growing up and branching out. :)
  • She is eating more and more kinds of food. Still in love with turkey, chicken nuggets, milk, grapes, and apples. She actually ate an entire kid's meal at Chick-fil-A one day. Impressive!
  • She takes a solid 2-3 hour nap during the day and usually goes to sleep between 8pm-9pm at night and wakes up between 7am-8am in the morning. Oh, what I'd give to have her sleep til 10am sometimes!!!
  • She now folds her hands and bows her head when we pray at dinner. It's cute. :)
  • She tries to sing the ABC's and successfully sings one line of Ring Around the Rosy: "Ashes, ashes, we all fall" haha. 
  • She tries to count and knows most of the numbers, but gets them out of order. :)
  • She loves to drink out of normal cups with straws. If she sees you with a cup with a straw she WILL ask you for a "dink!" ;)
She's a hoot and we love her to death. Here are my favorite pictures of her from the past month…
 riding her new tricycle for the first time!
playdate with Braden! 
 being sassy
Sawyer loves herself some Avery! ;) 
Chick-fil-A playground fun! 
 checking brother out
Momma Sheila's 70th birthday party - this picture is funny for a lot of reasons.
 she's so silly :)
going to the Daddy/Daughter dance at c|Life 
 Every now and then I take a picture and think "this is the best picture ever" (until a new one replaces it)…
well, this is that picture for me right now! I just love that smile. Goodness!!!
silly girl - Poppy taught her how to get in the swing ;)
 loving on bubba 
my babies
meeting Daddy's donkey from his Donkey Basketball Game!
 
 She's not 2 yet, but almost!!! Fun at Harry Meyers Park!
 She's so stinkin' strong!!
 
 
 I just love when she falls asleep in the car after church…this was my attempt at getting a picture of her in her cute dress before she took a nap and got all "disheveled looking"
 chillin' with brother! 
 her new Elmo clothes from Momma Sheila!
more Chick-fil-A with Avery & Kristin!
 
 
 My big girl on Valentine's Day at the Dallas Zoo - her '22-month birthday'
What a joy you are Sawyer Grace! We love you!

No comments: