Friday, February 22, 2013

Zoo day///Vday


I love Valentine's Day. It's probably because I love my Valentine!

This year I got to sleep in a bit and then got breakfast in bed - always a winner, especially if you're a mom of 2 kids under 2! ;)
Having small children definitely changes things up a bit when it comes to celebrating anniversaries and Valentine's Day! Casey & I have always enjoyed celebrating these events in a big way and while some find it cheesy, or think it's Hallmark's way of getting some extra cash, I have always loved how special Casey makes the day for me! I always know it will be fun, and this year was no different, even though we celebrated with the kiddos. :) 

Casey took the day off and we went to the zoo!!! It was perfect weather and because it was February, the Dallas Zoo does something called "Penguin Days" where adult admission is only $5. So our entire family got into the zoo for only $10 since the kiddos are under 2, and therefore, free!! Yay! My grandma still gives me Valentine's (which I so appreciate!!) and this year she gave me $20 in my card. Guess how much we spent that day? $8 for parking, $10 on tickets, & $2 on a carousel ticket for Sawyer = $20. Awesome. ;)

Heehee, he's so cute! :)
We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the zoo!  
 
My cutie little Valentine decked out in pink! :)
Zoo fun!
After the zoo we all came home and took a good nap! We were worn out from our day of walking! Next up on the Valentine's Day agenda was a movie! Casey & I dropped Sawyer off at his sister's house in Sachse and then headed to AMC at Firewheel to use a gift card that we had (Thanks, Pruitts!). We saw Argo! Not at all a romantic comedy, but we loved it! I love movies that are historically based and mostly true. Good stuff. Most of the movies we've enjoyed lately have been similar…Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, etc. 
Here was our little Valentine setup, haha.
 The day before I had done a little craft with the kiddos for Casey…Paint EVERYWHERE. It is incredibly hard to open a newborn's hand for a handprint…now I know why they do footprints at the hospital!!
My beautiful bouquet of flowers from Casey!
 Here's a compilation of my sweet family on Valentine's Day!
I LOVE them! :) 
Happy 9th Valentine's Day to my hubby!

No comments: