Thursday, February 21, 2013

Casey's 30th *Golden* Birthday!

Have you heard of a Golden Birthday? I hadn't until a few years ago and sadly mine had passed. Not that I would have been aware of it at the age of 2, but still.

Urban Dictionary describes the Golden Birthday this way:

Golden Birthday
The ‘Golden Birthday’ is the day where a human being turns the same age as the date to which they were born (Example, turning Twelve on the 12th of October). All humans will experience this day, whether it be when they are one year old or 31 years old; that is to say, except for a select few individuals born on the leap year – sadly, these humans will never experience the Goldenness of such a day and are forced to live out their lives in anguish and despair. 
Haha, oh, Urban Dictionary, you never cease to make me chuckle. 

So, anyway, January 30th was Casey's 30th birthday making it--you guessed it--his GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!  So what did I do? I through him a GOLDEN SURPRISE PARTY! Woohoo! I wanted to make it a big thing with tons of family & friends at our house, but being that I have a nearly-2-year-old and a 1-month-old, I just couldn't get my act together in time so I decided to just have it at a restaurant with people from our CG and a couple of other couples. We had a great time and Casey was genuinely surprised! Yay! I pulled it off somehow! If you know me well, you know I tend to blab my own secrets so I was kind of impressed with myself this time. This was my first time to ever throw anyone a surprise party and it was Casey's 1st time to have a surprise party for himself! He loved it! I also love that he got into our "golden decor" instead of thinking we were cheesy! ;)

*Sidenote: this was my first night to leave both kiddos! Dayton was 1 month old and my mom took care of both him and Sawyer! Kudos to her! (Y'all remember I'm an only child, so this was her 1st time with 2 kiddos age 1 and under;)


Here are the pictures of our super fun night!
 (all of the pictures were taken on my phone, and sadly the quality isn't that great) 

Casey got into our GOLDEN DECOR right away--remember Casey was a trumpet player in high school, haha ;)
 cute GOLDEN mini crowns 
Casey gave me that GOLD scarf for Christmas, and it was perfect for the occassion!
 
30 candles, oh my! 
The party animals… 
  
 
 
 
 
Happy 30th birthday, babe! So glad you had a fun night!
Also, someone got his car good…and we still don't know who it was! Anyone want to fess up?!

No comments: