Saturday, June 11, 2011

My 1st Mother's Day & Sawyer's Baby Dedication

My first Mother's Day was extremely special. I had a gorgeous 3 week old baby in my arms and it was baby dedication at our church! It was a wonderful celebration of the beautiful gift that God gave me! All of our family came to church to see Sawyer's big debut - both of our parents, Chris & Stephanie and their 3 kiddos, Casey's grandmother, Momma Sheila (my grandma), and my Uncle Russell! We also had lots of church friends their including Jenna and Charlie and Ginni who all took pictures for me :)
Before the dedication Paul McDill asked all the mothers to stand so they could pray for us. It was so weird to stand up with all the mothers including my mom, grandma, Casey's mom, sister, and grandmother.

At the end of the service we went up on the stage with 2 other families to dedicate our babies. Sawyer was the youngest at 3 weeks. She wore the dress that Casey's mom gave her before she was born. It was still big, but it was definitely cute on her! I will always remember my first Mother's Day as the day that we dedicated our first baby, Sawyer Grace, to the Lord. We hope to raise her to love and accept Jesus at a young age. 
 
 
my beautiful little baby :)
Casey was so creative and made me the sweetest video for Mother's Day. It documents my pregnancy and Sawyer's first 3 weeks of life. I absolutely love it and will treasure it forever!!



Isn't is just wonderful? I thought it was so incredibly sweet. Love my husband and my baby girl!
PS. There is a very unflattering picture of me in the slideshow (one of me giving Sawyer a bath) that Casey put in there as a joke. He thinks it's the funniest picture ever. Weirdo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the video! Great idea, Casey! Laughed a little at the unflattering picture you mentioned because I figured Casey thought it'd be funny, but hey, it's all part of motherhood right? :)

Ginni said...

Such a sweet post! And I love watching that video! I even cried the 2nd time I watched it, and I am not a crier! ha ha.

~Laura~ said...

very sweet!

kasey said...

Beautiful video! So sweet of Casey!