Sunday, June 26, 2011

First Father's Day

Casey's first Father's Day was June 19th. Sawyer and I tried to make it extra special for him. :) We spent Friday, the 17th at my grandparents house where we fished in the morning and swam in the afternoon. Casey caught two fish, I caught one, my Momma Sheila caught SIX and my mom caught zero. Haha! Normally my mom catches the most fish, but not this time. Mom and Momma Sheila went inside early to play with Sawyer who was being kept by Pappa Donnie & my Uncle Russell. I gave Casey, Uncle Russell, and Pappa Donnie their Father's Day presents. Uncle Russell and Pappa Donnie each got a couple of Father's Day pictures from Sawyer's Father's Day shoot. I made a book on Shutterfly for Casey with pictures from her first month and the surprise Father's Day pictures. He loved his book and it will be fun to look back at in years to come.
When it was time to swim I put Sawyer in her adorable little swim suit (she has 3, haha!) and matching hat! I put sunglasses on her, too, but they are actually the sunglasses that match a different swimsuit! Anyway, we took her for a little dip in the pool, but she was crying before I even got her in so she didn't stay outside long. She needed a nap :) She looked adorable though and we got some cute pictures. :) 
 haha, and then she started crying so we took her back inside. She was probably outside for only 5 minutes or so. Haha! 
 Haha, the glasses were hard to stay on :)
 Hahaha...
 Father/Daughter Love <3
My mom made homemade icecream while my Momma Sheila made some hamburgers. Casey and I hung out in the pool eating strawberries until it was time to eat lunch! Casey did flips off of the diving board and we had some fun playing a bit of pool volleyball. 

The next day Casey and I did some shopping for his new suit! He ended up getting a fitted, dark gray suit with pin-stripes from Express along with two new dress shirts. It looks great on him! That purchase was part graduation/part Father's day:) I need to take some pictures of him in it, but until I do, here is the picture of the suit off of Express's website. Picture Casey in it with a light purple shirt (he got one purple and one white one). 
The next day, Sunday, we went to eat at Mi Cocina in Rockwall after church. I gave Casey his homemade card and a little Father/Daughter book that he saw when I was pregnant. I bought it way back then and saved it for Father's Day. He's already read the whole thing!
See Sawyer next to me? I forgot to get a picture of just her and Casey!! :(
 I would say he had a pretty good 1st Father's Day! :) 

I love you very much, Casey! I am blessed to have you as my husband, and Sawyer is super blessed to have you as her Daddy! You rock! :)

No comments: