Friday, June 17, 2011

My Two Month Old Sawyer Grace

I cannot believe it's already been two months! The summer is already starting to fly by and my little baby is growing quickly. She has changed so much in the last month! We had her 2 month appointment on her "birthday" and she had 6 vaccines given in the form of 3 shots and one oral liquid. She screamed and cried hard when they first stuck her, but then quieted down as soon as Casey was able to pick her up. I teared up, too, because I absolutely hated knowing that she was crying from pain and not just wanting to bed fed or changed. It was a totally different cry and I didn't like it. She was great the rest of the doctor's visit and slept for about 3 hours afterward. However, it was a totally different story when she woke up. She was screaming out in pain and could not get comfortable. The slightest repositioning hurt her tender little legs and she screamed and screamed. She didn't even look the same to me because she was crying so hard and her little face was completely red. It broke my heart. :( Eventually she settled down and the tylenol began to do it's thing. She got better throughout the day and was even better the next day (although I kept her on Tylenol like the doctor urged me to do). Next time I will know to give her Tylenol before the appointment so that she is a little numbed before getting all of those shots! Her skinny little legs just cannot take it! The nurse said it probably hurt her a little more since there isn't much fat on her. She had little knots in her legs where the shots were given. Poor baby.

AT TWO MONTHS…
  • Sawyer started sleeping in her own bed in the nursery at 6 weeks old. Casey slept in his sleeping bag on the floor in her room for the first 2 nights to console her when she cried and also to settle my nerves as well. :) She cried pretty hard the first few nights and has done really well since! We have a video monitor so I check on her pretty often still, but she seems to really like it now!
  • Sawyer has become a champ at holding her head up when being held in the upright position. It's a little bobble head-ish, but she can keep it!
  • She has developed an adorable little smile! It ranges from an open-mouth Elmo-looking smile to a full out grin. I love it and can't get enough!!
  • Sawyer has begun to talk and coo. She has many different "types" of coos ranging from a high-pitched excited sound to a more quiet and content sound. She usually coos at us when we are talking to her, when we touch her chin or squeeze her cheeks, or when she is put in bed under her mobile. 
  • She loves her mobile and smiles and coos at it almost every time she is put in her crib whether it is bed time or nap time. 
  • Sawyer laughed for the first time on her 2 month birthday! It was the cutest sound ever. :) I got up and ran to tell Casey as soon as it happened. I was playing with her while she was in her bouncer and she got all excited and laughed and smiled. So cute. :)
Sawyer's Weight Progression:
6 weeks old - 7 lbs 13 oz
7 weeks old - 8 lbs even
8 weeks old - 8 lbs 4 oz
2 months old (dr. appt.) - 8 lbs 12 oz

The growth charts show Sawyer in the 10% for weight, 50% for length, and 50% for head size. It looks like we have a tall, skinny baby right now, but I think she'll even out later. :) The doctor is pleased with her weight gain and said that her weight is "birth weight appropriate." Remember, she was born at 5 lbs 12 oz and at 2 months she is exactly 3 lbs heavier.
I love my sweet baby girl.

No comments: