Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mavericks: We are the Champions!

I love the Mavericks. I have loved them since I was a little girl. In elementary school I went to the Dallas Maverick basketball camp and met Derek Harper and he signed my Maverick basketball and picture of himself. Later, I became a huge fan of Dirk when I was in high school and saved Dirk paraphernalia such as magazines with him on the cover and a Dirk marionette doll that hung on my dresser mirror for years.

On June 20, 2006, I was at the hospital waiting on my nephew Caleb to be born. Minutes before we got to see baby Caleb the Mavs lost to the Heat in the final game.

This year I watched every playoff game on pins and needles hoping that we could manage to make it to the finals again. I LOVED watching them sweep the Lakers. Those were still my favorite games. It was like when the Rangers beat the Yankees, but better. When we played the first few games against the Heat I knew that it was going to be tough, but I never lost hope (like Casey did!). I really thought we were going to pull it out! On Sunday I said over and over that we were going to win game 6. Sure enough, we did, and it was awesome! Scott and Erin were in town and staying with us. When the clock ran out Casey, Scott, & I ran around the back yard banging wooden spoons on pots and pans. It was fun. Scott fell down and that made it even more fun. :)

I talked Casey into going to the airport with me on Monday to greet the Mavericks. We waited an hour or so in the blistering heat until they landed! We cheered them home and it was a lot of fun. Casey and I were even interviewed and shown on channel 4 news.
 Mavs man and Champ
 Champ getting us to cheer
 It was funny…this van was in our way and we all started chanting together "move that van! move that van!" over and over and finally this guy came out and moved it! We were like an angry mob. :)
The trophy!! In the excitement of it all I didn't get very good pictures of anything...
 MAVS man!
 The trophy again
 
 Casey getting interviewed - I thought to take a picture of him, but he didn't take one of me :(

Here we are on the news!! :)

No comments: