Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Casey!!!

This post is dedicated to my wonderful husband, the birthday boy!! Today Casey turns 28 years old! I am going to brag on him a bit and say that I think that he has accomplished so much in his 28 years! First off...I have let this go unnoticed, but Casey is holding his diploma from DTS in this picture. After 6 years in grad school Casey completed his 120 hour master's degree from Dallas Theological Seminary! He is now a master of theology! DTS doesn't have graduation ceremonies in the winter, so Casey will walk across the stage on May 7th. He will have a new baby girl there to clap and support him as well. We both think it is neat that she will be in some of those pictures:)
I am so proud of him and feel that he has accomplished a lot in 28 years! He has taken 240 hours of classes since high school - that is a lot!!! Most post-graduate degrees are anywhere from 30-60 hours, but his was 120 and he stuck with it while working a full-time job (click here to see why the Th.M. is so much longer than other seminary degrees). Not only did he finish, but he finished with honors - not to say that I am surprised since he finished with highest honors from UT (how many people do you know who only made one B in all of college? Sheesh!).
I am lucky to be married to such a hard-working and diligent man. 
Casey Coats Th.M. :)
Casey has done so much for me in the 7 years that we've been together and I am very thankful for him! Happy 28th birthday! I love you, babe!

3 comments:

becallen54 said...

Casey, I'm so proud of you. I know you have worked hard. It will be good preparation for the next things in life. I found my dad's DTS grad pics recently. I was two in his photos in 1956. Congrats!

Bobby said...

You've done good Casey!! Brian would be proud!! Happy Birthday!! Love you two (soon to be three)!!

Mom & Dad said...

Happy Happy Happy birthday Case. We are so proud of you.

Mom and Dad