Saturday, January 15, 2011

3 Year Anniversary Trip Day 1!

Every year on our anniversary we go somewhere for a few days and relax and spend time with one another! Our anniversary falls at the perfect time of year because Casey gets the week between Christmas and New Years Day off and our anniversary happens to be December 29th! Obviously I am also on Christmas break during this time. On our first anniversary we staying in Dallas for 3 nights, last year we stayed in Austin for 3 nights, and this year we stayed at The Magnolia in downtown Dallas for 3 nights! :) We had a lot of fun, but I would say this anniversary was a little more low key than the past 2 years because I am a little more tired pregnant and we have been spending more money lately with the baby coming (doctor's appointments, baby furniture, and future hospital stays). We still did a lot though and enjoyed each other's company very much! :)

We started our trip on the 28th. We got up that morning and ate breakfast, got ready, and packed. Before we left Casey gave me his anniversary present to me - a beautiful shadow box encasing my wedding bouquet, a picture of us on our wedding, an invitation, and our program. I absolutely love it! It was a very sweet surprise! He never mentioned anything about it to me and I love that he can surprise me with gifts that I adore!! :)

We left for our hotel around 4pm. The hotel was a surprise to me and I loved that it was right in the middle of downtown! The Magnolia is in the old Mobile building (the one with the red horse on the roof) and our room was extremely nice!! We debated about whether it was the best room we'd ever had before and I think we decided it was either tied for first or a very close second. We got changed and went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was yummy, of course. Afterwards we walked over to The Container Store and then Barnes and Noble. We both like to just look through books in there, so that was enjoyable. We went back to the hotel and got our free milk and cookies, took it to the room, and watched Wall Street with Michael Douglas. I give it a C+…it wasn't all that great.

Here are some pictures from day 1 of our 4 day anniversary rendezvous!
the pictures really can't do it justice because of the glare on the glass and the bad lighting

I took a bunch trying to get a good picture, but really couldn't - you'll just have to see it in person! :)
Our hotel!
the views from our room - we were on the 21st floor so we got some pretty neat views - especially at night!
had to get a pregnancy shot of course
this was the red horse I was referring to that is on top of the Magnolia Hotel - they had several inside and around outside as well. 
Well, there's day 1 for ya! Days 2-4 will be posted soon :)