Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teaching is Life (I guess)

This is my 2nd year of teaching. When I go to work Casey says I am really grumpy compared to the summers I have off. This makes me laugh.

This year I have been working a lot harder, even though they say that the 2nd year is easier than the first. I guess I've been working harder because I know what I'm doing this year. Ha ha.

Anyway, all that to say is that I've been so busy I haven't even had time to read other people's blog, much less write my own. So here I am, back in blogging world, but it's a short one and also shows what's been running my life lately.

Year 2 - This was after "Meet the Teacher" in August
1 year under my belt and the 2nd one underway
Our school theme is "Team Smith - where everyone is a winner" -- basically sports, so here is my outside bulletin board for the first day with the kids names on it. I do want to say that I LOVE my students. They are great and it has been fun having 3 classes instead of 2. At times it makes the day go faster. We'll see if that continues :)
Class Rules along with the student's 'station'
empty bulletin board ready for student's work and buckets for their 'table supplies' - also, a funny story behind the lamp...I wanted a lamp like this and happened to see one in my neighbor's trash (before you judge, hear me out)...I went and ASKED them (I didn't just steal it:) and they said it worked just fine, so there ya go!
More colorful word wall than last year.....last year I had the ugly green and yellow one that they gave me (I have to do this thing called Word Junction), but this year I made a fun, pretty one ;)
Mrs. Coats coat made by Rachel - shout out! :) - also, our strategies board for classwork we do together - it already has stuff up there!
There are trophy cases out in the main hall and we had to decorate them as a team - sports theme, like I said - so my A&M stuff was perfect :) My students already say that I'd do anything for A&M - they are close to right :)
So, there ya go! That's my life in a nutshell for the past month. I hope to post some Labor Day stuff soon. Casey and I had a blast when his best friend, Scott and his wife, Erin came to stay with us!
Stay tuned! :)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds great!! I love you class decor!! Everything looks so cute!! And I just threw that lamp away like a month ago, it is a cute lamp... just didn't go with mi casa!! haha... love ya!

Stephanie said...

Seeing the Mrs. Coats apple made me giggle! I saw that thing forever on mom's desk! Glad you have it now! :) And I'm glad your year is going well so far!!

Beverly said...

Cute teacher and cute room!! LOVE the Mrs. Coats apple, ha! Glad it made Steph laugh too. I've got another thing I'm thinking about giving you. It doesn't have your name on it though. I like it. Just don't have a place for it in the house.
Can't wait to see the Labor Day pictures. I konw you guys had a ball!!

jordanandrachel said...

I am right there with you-doing more work than last year!! We DO actually know what we're doing now=) lol.. Anyway, your room is cute, and I remember making those posters! And buying the colorful bins with you at Mardel's=)Anyway, hope your year is going great!!

~Laura~ said...

Cute! Btw.. is your hair darker?? :)

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Yes it is darker. Before school started I did it. It was even darker at first. It lightened up.