Sunday, August 30, 2009

Office Renovation!

We recently redid our office/3rd bedroom. Casey is in dire need of having an office since he is working on his masters at DTS and he has TONS of seminary books! Good grief. The pictures show just a few, but there are more in the attic!

Anyway, when we bought our house this room had a super bright, lime green wall. The picture below shows the color of the lime green, but it is after we had started painting the wall (shoutout to Rachel & Jordan for helping me paint! They were awesome and helped me knock it out in one night before Casey got home!). I wish I had gotten a picture of the big green wall beforehand so you could see the craziness! They got it on the ceiling and the baseboards. It looks like a kid did it. I'm betting it was since it is lime green. I don't know what they were thinking since they only did one wall and part of another. Anyway, here is our progress!



Our new bookshelves courtesy of Target! Since we HAVE to have bookshelves, I liked this idea because it's a little cuter than the standard-full-of-books-shelves!
The shot above is the latest shot, but I went ahead and put this one on since it shows them at an angle.
This part is still not completely done. We are going to put a cutsie chair on the right side where the DVD case is. The DVDs will probably go in the closet for now. We also need some curtains or some pictures for the wall because it looks a little barren, but I do like that it is less cluttered than it was a week ago!!

2 comments:

jordanandrachel said...

when you wrote: 'they got it on the baseboards, it looks like a kid did it' I totally thought you were talking about me b/c I DID get in on the baseboards when I wasn't paying attention!! lol. I still feel bad about that=)
thanks for the shout out-the room looks really great and I love the way you did the bookshelves!!
does casey study at home when you're there? b/c I'm having a hard time getting jordan too (i think its b/c he doens't have a room to himself, like a study) but he says its not that, he's just too 'distracted'...whatever=) lol

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Casey only likes to study at home really. He always did that in college, too. I'm like that as well.