Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School I go...

Well, this week I started back to school for staff development. I went back on Tuesday. It was a tired, busy day. Wednesday and Thursday were also staff developments and tomorrow is a work day (where I work in my classroom & on different projects around the school). We have another staff development on Monday and Meet the Teacher night is that evening. Then one last work day on Tuesday before school starts on Wednesday!!

The first three days were good, although I was VERY tired since my sleeping schedule was off from the summer. By the way, I already miss summer. Ha ha. I do feel like this is going to be a good school year, though. I have been feeling a little bit sad that I won't have my same kiddos. I loved them so much, but I know I will find that with this new group as well.

On that note, I wanted everyone to know that I am making my blog private again, so if you would like to be invited to read, please comment and leave your name and email address and I'll add you. I will be making the blog private again some time next week when school starts, so comment if you wish to read!

Here are some pictures of the last week or two of summer.

I got a free ticket to 6 Flags from school so Casey & I went one Friday and had a blast!
Casey & I on the little train at 6 Flags!

Another try at not having Casey's neck look broken :)
You can't really tell, but I am soaked from head to toe here thanks to the Roaring Rapids!

Casey & I in line for the new ride: Tony Hawk's Big Spin
It made us SO dizzy after it was over!! The ride itself was fun though!
It is kind of like the Crazy Mouse at the Fair that we love :)
We went to Louisiana for Katie's (Casey's high school friend) wedding!
The bride & groom dancing!
A North Mesquite picture :)
Casey, me, Carolyn, & John (Carolyn is one of Casey's best friends from high school)!
And yes, I know my purse clashes with my dress, but that's what happen when you travel 4 hours to a wedding and change into your clothes in the car :)
On one of Mom's days of we ate at Ava's in downtown Rockwall.
Very cute place!!!
At lunch!
Mom enjoying her food!
Our AWESOME food. We ordered two and split both :)
Well, that's the final update on my summer unless I still pictures from my mother-in-law or sister-in-law of our fun trip to the cabin in Oklahoma! I forgot to take any pictures and was kind of bummed, but they took lots for us :)
Happy school year everybody! I hope it's a good one for you all!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Great pictures, as usual. You've had a very fun summer!
I'll burn you a CD of pictures from the cabin trip.
I need to come see Lucy and the new paint and handiwork in the bathroom.