Thursday, February 19, 2009

I want YOU to pray!

This weekend Casey and I are flying to McAllen, TX for Chris DuPree's Disciple Now. Chris DuPree was my asst. youth minister when I was in 11th and 12th grade. He was also Casey's boss when Casey was the asst. youth minister at Mimosa Lane and Chris was the head youth minister. Anyway, now Chris and his wife Kristy live in McAllen, and Chris is the youth minister at a church called Baptist Temple. Chris asked Casey to come to their disciple now and be the main speaker!!! Casey was honored of course, as this is his first time to be hired as an event speaker. We fly out tomorrow at 9am, and so I had to take a personal day off of work. I don't mind. I had a three day work week thanks to this and a staff development day on Monday! Woo hoo! We will get back on Sunday around 7:30pm.

I need to buy a book to read on our down time because I am sure I will have a lot since I am not the speaker :) I am thinking about The Shack or just a Francine Rivers' book that I already have, but haven't yet read (I have a couple of those). I really wish that I could read the Twilight sereies for the first time, but I just need to get over it. I just have to say to myself, "I have already read it. I can't go back in time. Get over it Lauren."
Speaking of....in a few minutes I am leaving to go see Twilight with Rachel at the dollar theater (I know some of you are actually laughing at me right now for being so obsessed). I am glad to be going with someone who cares because last time I felt like I couldn't like it because Laura and Casey kept snickering! Ha ha!

Here is a picture of my fantasy hero.
Anyway, back to this weekend...Casey has been working really hard on his 4 talks for this weekend. So, I ask two things of you. 1) pray that the kids are open and receptive to God working in there heart and 2) pray that Casey is in tune with what God wants to say through him.
Pray for this guy! He needs it! :)


7 comments:

Ginni said...

We will be praying for yall this weekend!! You need to read Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. There are three of them - A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure as the Dawn. I am going to start them, of course after I finish Twilight (which my never happen, ha ha!). Yall have fun this weekend!

Beverly said...

I will be praying too, of course! I want to hear all about it when you get back! Maybe we can go eat together and hear all about it.
I'm with Ginnie on the Mark of the Lion Series, but you've read those, haven't you? If not, you NEED to! You can't put them down! I've read all of those. I still don't plan on reading Twilight. Steph is reading it right now though and likes it.

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Ginni you are WAY behind on the books! I read all of The Mark of the Lion Series in 2007 :) I thought I was the one that told you about them? haha. I can't believe you haven't read them or Twilight! Catch up girl! :)

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

PS. Beverly, you should just give in and read Twilight and get it over with. You'd like it more than you think :)

~Laura~ said...

haha, i like how the pics of casey seem to have a hidden message for "prayer" lol!

I'm offended by you calling me out! even though its true.. :)

y'all have fun! :)

jordanandrachel said...

i'm laughing at your comments=) I had soo much fun seeing that movie again (like you said-with someone who appreciates it) sorry I was just trying to get you to 'spoil' everything for me! I get stressed out though-I'm serious=) haha.
I think Casey might take offense to your 'secret fantasy hero' on your blog page missy!
I'm going to probably finish new moon this weekend and we WILL be talking!!!
ps. I think the book 'confessions of a shopaholic' would actually be a REALLY good book after watching the movie, maybe you should get tht one!=)

Elementary Counselor said...

I hope it all went well. :) Keep us posted.