Saturday, February 14, 2009

Decorating by Lauren

Last week when I posted pictures of our black and white bedroom Casey got onto me because he said I should've just waited to post the pretty ones! :) The bedroom had already been completed, so he didn't understand why I posted old pictures.

I did it because I was too lazy to get up, take new pictures, and then download them all onto my computer! Ha Ha. Anyway, here is the finished project:

All of this was my bedroom furniture that I got in the 9th grade. It was all raw, and we stained it in when I was in high school. Casey thought it looked out dated, so we sanded it and painted all of it black! Then we found this super cute bedding! I LOVE the pillows.

Here are a couple of pictures from our "formal living room." At first I had no idea what to do with this space, but now I am glad we have it. I love these cute pillows I found at Burlington Coat Factory! Who knew?!

This side is still a work in progress. I guess the whole room kind of is. It just feels a little unfinished to me, but we'll see how it turns out.

Here is a picture of our dining room. This old table was my great grandmother's (but it's probably only from the 70's or 80's). She gave it to my parents when I was growing up, and my dad gave it to me. Kind of neat. We sold the chairs and got new, leather ones to replace them. They were really outdated. We thought that we might not find chairs to match, but we love these! The plates I got for Christmas from Casey's parents. I love that they are square. Then I recently found all of the place setting stuff on clearance at Target. I love Target.

That is all for now! Later I will post some pictures of our bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room :) Our office has a lot of work left to do, so it will probably be quite some time before I take pictures of it!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Lauren, It's ALl so beautiful! You and Casey have a knack for this. Can't wait to see it all again in person. :)

jordanandrachel said...

lookin soooo good-I'm so proud=)
anyway,-ya so we HAVE to go see twilight again, I would love to!! It is still showing at the dollar theater in mesquite off 80!!! what do you say????? =)