Sunday, June 29, 2008

6 Married Months!

Today, Sunday the 29th, is our 6 month anniversary as a married couple! We were talking, and we decided that it has flown by in so many ways, but at the same time it feels like we've been married even longer! Ha ha. In other words, our wedding day feels like it was yesterday, but we've made so many memories already, it is surprising that they all fit into a 6 month period! Our actual anniversary day is filled with church, tear down, and then a fun night at Splash Kingdom (a water park in Canton) for baptism and family fun, so we decided to celebrate the night before!

We went to Maguire's off of the Dallas North Tollway. Neither of us had ever been there, and we both thoroughly enjoyed it! We shared an excellent appetizer that was kind of like a tostada, but it was made of flat bread topped with cheese, pico de gallo, and really good grilled chicken. Casey even liked it and that's saying something! For our entree we both ordered the Cajun Chicken Penne Pasta that was also great!

At dinner Casey asked me what things I most liked about our marriage thus far. I said that I liked the fact that he got up with me in the mornings during student teaching and had breakfast with me before I left for school! I know that he didn't have to be at work until a good hour and a half after I did, so it meant a lot that he would get out of bed early to start his day with me. I also said I liked decorating our condo together, ie. hanging pictures, putting together furniture, etc. Casey said that he just liked living together everyday and being around each other (after having a long distance relationship it means a lot to be around each other)! He also said that he enjoyed our trip to Galveston--I would've said this as well, but I thought vacations were off limits for this question. After dinner Casey gave me a gift card to Massage Envy for a 90 minute massage! I am so stoked about that! Isn't he thoughtful?

On our way home we stopped at Blockbuster to rent a movie. We then headed over to Starbucks where I used a gift card (from graduation) to get a Green Tea Frappucino (yum!)--that delicious coffee drink is probably a big reason why I am still up at this hour when I know I have to get up early for church!

Anyway, here is a picture commemorating our 6 month anniversary celebration!


Thank you for a wonderful 6 months together ~ I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Can't believe it's been 6 months already! You guys are SO good together and we are so happy about that! Sounds like you had a great 1/2 year anniversary. Enjoy being together. I think this year will be 31 years for us! I love him more every day!! Still!
We are SO blessed to have you both in our lives!
:) Beverly