Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day

I have the BEST Valentine. I don't mean to brag, but there are very few husbands who do a better job on the 14th of February than mine. My goodness.

It still surprises me each year because our first Valentine's Day back in 2005 was quite a big deal. We had only been dating 3 months, and he went all out. His parents said, "You messed up now. You'll never be able to out do yourself." Haha. He did go a great job then - made me a fantastic dinner with dessert by candlelight, had flowers delivered to my house, gave me presents, and took me to see Grease on Broadway. That is pretty awesome. 

Second dating Valentine's Day - sent me two dozen pink, white, and red roses in a very cool vintage box. I received them at my apartment at A&M. 

Third dating Valentine's Day - he had a single rose placed on my door step in College Station by Matt Cain since he was in Dallas. Matt rang the doorbell, and when I opened the door no one was there but a single rose laying on the ground. I was on the phone with Casey when this happened and he said, "Happy Valentine's Day." This was 2 weeks before he proposed, so he went with a simple touch, and I soon got the full romantic get up! Very special.

First married Valentine's Day - he again had flowers delivered, gave me presents, and we had a fancy dinner. 

Second married Valentine's Day - made me breakfast in bed served with a dozen roses on my tray, gave me presents, and another nice dinner.

Third married Valentine's Day was this year.

I woke up to some noise in the kitchen and I was pretty sure he actually left the house while I was still in bed (I was right). He brought me breakfast in bed, this time without the roses, so as not to repeat last year.=)
After breakfast I was told there was another small surprise. He took me outside where he sheepishly showed me a sweet message in the snow. I love it because I love when he is cheezy (it's so hard for him, haha).
After that we did different things... Casey worked on some homework and I watched some TV. Later we had plans to go to dinner at a "surprise location." I got ready to go and we were about to leave when Casey said, "Hey come look at the snowman. It's melting." I thought this was a little odd because I was running a little late, but I looked out the front door. On the porch there was a gift bag and a dozen red roses in a vase with some greenery and mini pink carnations. I was delighted! Flowers afterall! Haha. I took them both to the kitchen table and opened my present to find a dress from Target that I had seen a month or so ago. I love it!! It's super cute! Ps. These pictures are pre-mascara (I had planned on doing it in the car=).
Then we left and Casey took several "trick turns" to the Oar House. He had me thinking that we were going to Dallas for dinner, but it was really in Rockwall! I was excited because I didn't want to get stuck in Valentine's Day Dallas traffic. Dinner was yummy and we were sat by none other than Paul & Jill McDill! That part was funny! We enjoyed talking them to a little though!
After dinner we drove across the parking lot to the movies to see When in Rome. That movie wasn't too great so the next day Casey took me to see Valentine's Day after church! That movie was better.

It was a GREAT Valentine's Day - mainly because I have such a spectacular husband for a Valentine. He isn't like a lot of guys who complain and grumble about V-day. He uses it as an opportunity to show me some love!=)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Ahhhhhh...... again, where does that boy get it???!!!