Sunday, February 28, 2010

{Saturday Swoon}

Saturday was a great day! We LOVE lazy Saturdays - but when we say lazy Saturdays, we don't mean laying around. We mean running errands and doing fun stuff that we enjoy doing! That's what yesterday was like. The morning started out with Casey at an early breakfast meeting for work while I slept in. When he returned around 9:30 I was still asleep so he did some homework. This is great for him though because he likes to get his work done before playing. AND he likes to get his work done while I'm not home or while I'm asleep so I don't distract him too much. =) This is good for me though because I like to sleep. =)

So, anyway, after I got up we ran some errands!

We went to my mom's house to pick up some of my old ski stuff, then we went to the cleaners to drop off some of my pants and Casey's sleeping bag. At youth camp some boys thought it would be funny to prank Casey by putting gross food in his sleeping bag. Yuck! We would've just thrown the sleeping bag away, but it's a pretty nice one. 

Next we went to Target and took back a pitcher that I bought a while back that leaks. I got $27 back on a gift card so we did a little clothes shopping for me. I LOVE Target clothes! 

Next we went to Sport's Authority and Casey got some new ski pants for our trip over spring break! He was excited about those. 

Then we went to Chipotle for lunch. Yum! 

Lastly we went to the Rockwall library. It is brand new and SO nice. Wow. We had never been in a library that nice. They have a 24 hour drive thru, online checkout and renewal, etc. We got a library card and off we were to the audio book section. 

I have made it one of my "lifetime goals" to read/listen to the classics. I spend so much time in the car each day (approximately 45 minutes) and listening to books is a great way to fill that time. I listened to the entire Bible in the car last year and it was great. On this trip to the library I rented Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and a Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. 

If you've read the Twilight Saga then you know that each book is loosely based off of another book. Twilight was based on Pride and Prejudice, New Moon on Romeo and Juliet,  Eclipse on Wuthering Heights, and Breaking Dawn on A Midsummer Night's Dream. So, obviously, being a big Twilight fan, I want to listen to/read all of those books. I've already read Romeo and Juliet in high school, but I plan to again.  

After we got home it was time to get ready to go out with Charlie and Ginni! They came over at 6 and we went to the Bishop Arts District in Dallas. SO FUN! Charlie and Ginni had been there a couple of times before, but we were newbies. It really is such a cute and fun place to go. We ate at Tillman's Roadhouse. A VERY neat ambiance and very good food, too! I loved everything we got - from the appetizers to the entree to the dessert! Yummmmy!

After dinner we walked around to the different boutique-y type shops and stores. Ginni & I even played Jenga in a soda shop! :) We also took some fun pictures and tried on vintage clothes. 

Here are some pictures from our eventful night out!
We liked this fun green door!
Can you see us under the sign? =)
Looks like we had a lot of fun, right?=)

Today was such great worship. I just loooooved the music at c|Life today. It's funny because last night we talked about our talents with the Rickerson's and then when I heard this song this morning I thought it directly applied to our conversation. For part of the time while we were singing I just stood there and listened. The words are so good if you apply them and really mean them.

Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord, to thee. 

Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise. 
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of thy love. 
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for thee. 

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my king. 
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from thee. 
Take my silver and my gold not a might would I withhold. 
Take my intellect and use every power as you choose. 

Here am I, all of me. 
Take my life, it's all for thee. 

Take my will and make it Thine it shall be no longer mine. 
Take my heart it is thine own; it shall be thy royal throne. 
Take my love, my Lord I pour at your feet its treasure store 
Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee, 
Take myself and I will be ever, only all for thee. 

Here am I, All of me. 
Take my life, It's all for thee. 

If you're interested, this song is from Chris Tomlin's CD Hello Love. I got this CD last year for my birthday, but didn't really pay attention to the lyrics until today. 

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

That looks like a really neat place to go to! Mitch and I will have to try it sometime. Sounds like you had a really great day and evening!
LOVE the song! :)

Ginni said...

ha ha that 2nd picture of us in front of the green door so looks like an engagement picture, ha ha. We had fun!