Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love Me Some Snow Days


Friday was a snow day which meant sleeping in, watching movies, "snowman looking" (a lot like going to look at Christmas lights), and sitting by the fire! It was a great day! We slept in, watched THREE movies from Blockbuster, and literally drove around town looking at snowmen! It was fun stuff! I took pictures of some of my favorites and almost all of these are on OUR street! I don't know if I told everyone this, but at Christmastime there were only 2 houses on our street that didn't have lights! It was a lot like this for the snowmen! Probably due to lots of young families with small children on our street.

Lucy begged to go outside in the snow often on these few white days.
On to the snowmen!
I darkened the color on this one so you could see the detail - our neighbor is quite the snow sculptor! This Indian woman even has pets! At least I think it's an Indian woman...Haha.
And here is what we enjoyed all day on Friday! I love a good fire! Ours is gas, but still burns real wood, and I love it because it can get really hot! I also love the smell of the seasoned wood and the sound of it popping in the fireplace! Having a fire is probably my #1 favorite thing about winter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE all the snowmen...great job!