Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lauren Dumb Dumb

So, last night Casey, my mom, his parents-Beverly and Mitch, and I all went to look at houses with our realtor, Kristin Huie (aka Kristin Gibson, my good friend from high school)! Well, we looked at the three different houses from about 5:15 to 7:15. At the last house, I got in the car with our family and Kristin left in her own car. About two seconds from when she pulled away I figured out that I didn't have my purse. I must've left it one of the houses. No big deal, I'll just call Kristin and she'll come right back and we'll get my purse. Well, my phone is in my purse and Casey doesn't have her number. Grrrr. We start to chase her down but can't find her. We all think I must've left it in the second house because we stayed in their for a while talking. We decide to drive back to that house and ring the door bell, hoping the owners are home by now. Nope. No luck. Meanwhile, I'm calling all of my friends that know Kristin, trying to get her number. No one answers. Of course, they don't know who is calling them because I am on Casey's phone. So, I start texting hoping that they will respond. Eventually I get two people to send me Kristin's number. By this time we are already on the way to her house. She answers, and we meet her back at the second house. No purse inside. GRRRR. We go to the first house. No purse. GRRRR. We decide to go to the last house. It's further away. The whole time I am worried that we are not going to find my purse, keys, camera, wallet, and phone. My life is in that purse. My car will not start without my ONLY computer chip inhabited key. This could potentially be a nightmare. I already feel bad that I am dragging my entire family and friend around looking for it all. If I could've gotten into the houses on my own, I would have. Finally we pull up to the last house-the one that we were at when I REALIZED I didn't have my purse. Good grief, all the trouble that we went through. Kristin pulls up and says, "they just called. Your purse is inside." We thanked her, and she left. I knocked on the door, and a very nice couple (about our age) answers the door and gives me my purse. The man made a joke about thinking that we left my purse as a downpayment. Ha ha.

After all that we went to On the Border for dinner. Whew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How nerve-wrecking...I have lost my purse before and it freaked me out!!! Glad you found it!

jordanandrachel said...

That is hilarious...I know the feeling of that!! Grrr is so right! By the way how is the house hunt going? any new thoughts on that?