Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Conference Night

I am sitting here at school waiting on my next appointment. Suddenly I get the urge to see if my blog will come up if I try it. I have tried it a million times, but every time the school's safety net kicks in and it says in big, red letters, "ACCESS DENIED!" However, for some crazy, unseen reason it worked! Yay (now if I could only break into Facebook somehow I'd be a happy woman)! I am glad it worked tonight because I have a break from meeting parents, and I really need the break! So far I have met with 8 sets of parents about 8 different students. I am plain tuckered out. I still have 3 more conferences to go! Wow. I did not think that this many parents would care now that their child is in 6th grade. I know it is not even half of the class, but 11 seems like a lot to me. I am glad that they care about their child's progress though! All of the meetings have gone well. I always get nervous talking to parents, but this night has definitely taken the nervousness away. They are just people, and some of them are more nervous about talking to me than I am talking to them! Ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I can still get into your blog without using the password. You may want to check your security settings.

Mitcho

jordanandrachel said...

I am SO glad I dont have to do parent conferences-that is just too dangerous for my akward comments=) lol!