Wednesday, October 8, 2008

God is good.

Today was my very first picture day! I got my picture taken for the yearbook. I haven't been in a yearbook for four years, and now I am going to be in one as a teacher. I just cannot believe it. Sometimes I sit in my classroom and just think about how fast my life has gone by. Not really elementary or middle school, but really high school and college. I so enjoyed high school and college! I am enjoying my life right now too, it is just different. I have come to the conclusion that I really do enjoy all the stages of my life so far. I thought I was going to get caught in my post-college depression, but that really only lasted like two days (right around the first A&M football game on TV).

I am really enjoying being married to Casey, and all the adventures we have together! Right now our adventures include looking for a house! We are really excited to see what God has for us this next year. We have been very blessed with so many things so far. We talk every now and then about how our entire relationship seems to have been orchestrated by God-right down to the very minute. When I think about how we met, got to know each other, and dated it seems a little surreal, but then when I think about how student teaching got opened up to new places (not just College Station) and how Casey got the cLife job the very weekend we got engaged it seems amazing! God has been good to us. He has continued to bless us since our wedding with a great CG (community group-aka cLife Bible study group), and my new job at a brand new school--with a great principal as a bonus! Now we feel blessed to be looking for a house in Rockwall to buy! We never thought that we would be able to buy a house in Rockwall. We thought surely our condo would be the last we saw of lovely Lake Ray Hubbard! It doesn't appear to be that way though, and we couldn't be more excited about it! I can't wait to see what God has in store!

Be praying for us as we look at houses. We want to make sure we are in tune with what God wants for us, not what we want for ourselves (always a little hard for me:).

Love y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I pray for you guys ALl the time but I'm especially doing so during this home buying phase of your life.
I know! Time does fly doesn't it?! I have enjoyed EVERY phase of my life too. So exciting to see what God has next in our lives.
We are SO blessed to have you in our family!
Love ya'll.