Friday, August 1, 2008

The Office

About two years ago I watched The Office at my brother & sister-in-law's house (at that time they were just my boyfriend's sister and brother-in-law). I did not think it was funny at all. Casey didn't really either. Since then, the staff at our church, cLife, has bombarded Casey with The Office. He finally decided that in order to fit in, he too, needed to watch The Office. At first I was very against this because The Office comes on at the same time Smallville does. (Those of you who know me, know that I love Smallville.) Being that we're poor, we don't have a DVR. In fact, we have a VCR/DVD combo and often still tape shows on a VHS tape. Are we lame or what? Well, anyway, 7 o'clock is kind of a busy time for us, so we're rarely home. Because of this, Smallville won out and always got taped and The Office never did. However, this summer our youth intern, Matt Cain, gave seasons 2 & 3 to Casey to watch. I came home one day, and to my dismay, Casey was watching The Office. We have only one TV hooked up so I was a little disappointed at the fact that I could be watching The Office for several hours. I just sat in the chair with my computer for a while with the TV on and ended up overhearing some of it. As the episode went on I found myself laughing more and more. Casey even said something like, "See...I told you that you would like it if you gave it a chance!" Since then, I watch The Office when I am at home by myself. I cannot get enough of it. I hate to say it, but it has temporarily replaced Friends. I think that's because I just recently finished the entire series (started when we got married--it was Casey's wedding gift to me--& I watched 10 years of Friends in 7 months!)

All that to say, I love Michael Scott and The Office!!!

PS. I do still love Smallville, & I don't know which show is going to win the VHS prize this fall!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

See! We knew you guys would love it! It is so funny! It is the only show I watch all week during the school year, and I can't get enough of it either!

Ginni said...

Hey Lauren! Your blog is so cute! I did my header on "Paint" and then just applied it to the blog. See you soon!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Smallville...I thought I was the only one!