Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Just Can't Put Down a Good Book!

When I get a good book, I just cannot put it down. Sometimes Casey gets irritated with me for doing this because I will straight-up ignore him when I am reading a good book. One night he came home, and I was reading a Francine Rivers book, and he got so mad that I had been reading the whole time he was gone. He said I should've done the dishes. Maybe he was right, but that's not the point. The point is, when I get a really good book, I cannot do anything productive until I have finished it. Sometimes it is all I can think about when I am at school or work. I just can't wait to be home so that I can read my book of the week! Ha ha. Sunday we went to Kroger to grocery shop, and I found a book that I wanted to buy, and I already finished it. I read it in three days. It was almost 400 pages. I just can't help it. Because I am a reading teacher, I think I can place this trait under my pro list instead of my con list ;)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am the same way! I look forward to the end of the day every day because I finally have time to read! It is my special time!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lauren. A teacher who wants to teach reading must be a reader herself. I'm thrilled you love it! You'll pass that love to your kids.
I'm the same way! Give me a book anyday!