Thursday, August 7, 2008

San Antonio Here We Come!

In about two hours Casey and I are heading for San Antonio! This is going to be our vacation this year since we're poor folk. Actually, we are already went out of the country this year for vacation (our honeymoon to Jamaica), so I guess you could say another trip to San Antonio ain't that bad! ;) We're going to Sea World on Friday and probably dinner on the Riverwalk and then on to check out the Alamo. Saturday we're going to check out the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch (where you drive your car and feed all sorts of animals, including giraffes:), followed by dinner on the Riverwalk again. Sunday, on our way back to Rockwall, we are going to stop at the outlet malls in San Marcos and Round Rock and shop for school clothes! Very excited about that.

When I was five I went to Sea World in San Antonio for the first time. I had a BLAST. I still remember it. It is one of my favorite childhood memories. It is also where I met my favorite animal: the dolphin. I keep telling Casey that we need to set aside at least $20 for me to feed the dolphins. When I was five, the little fish cups were $2 a piece and we got 10 of them! I fed the dolphins for at least an hour. I adored them. So now, I am really hoping that the fish cups haven't gone up too much (but I am pretty sure they have). When we return we'll be sure to post some pictures from our trip!
Yay! Shamu!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness I love the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch!! I went there several times as a kid. Once, a ram rammed me in the bottom, which hurt but was also funny. I hope you guys had fun!