Monday, December 3, 2012

Baby #2: Weeks 35 & 36!

I'm behind again, but I've got good reason….I've been busy :) 

Week 35

Baby Changes: Your baby doesn't have much more room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete--he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight!

Best moment this week: girls' night seeing Breaking Dawn part 2! It was nice to get out and spend some time having fun with my girlfriends! Casey & I also had a date night! We went to Gloria's for dinner and then to see Lincoln at the Harbor - very good movie! This was our first date night alone in more than a month so it was nice to get to relax together! My mom even kept Sawyer overnight so the next day I got to sleep in before picking her up for church! Woohoo!

Gender: He's still a boy! I got a sonogram this week at my doctor's appointment and the doctor confirmed for me, again, that he is a boy. Just checkin' ;)

Movement: still a kicker!!!

Food cravings: ICE! It's so weird, but I have been eating ice like the refrigerator is about to break down. 

What I am looking forward to: Getting the collage up in the nursery!

Symptoms: acid reflux is still the devil and so is getting up over and over at night to use the bathroom.
35 week picture!


Week 36

Baby Changes: Your baby is still packing on the pounds--at the rate of about an ounce a day! He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of his first bowel movement. 
At the end of the week your baby will be considered full-term.  (Full term is 37-42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 weeks are post-term). 
According to my doctor, Dayton is already in the head-down position. 

Best moment this week: Going to 3 different Thanksgiving celebrations! We went to my mom's side at my Momma Sheila's house on the morning of Thanksigiving and then to my dad's side at my cousin Cindy's house that afternoon. Saturday we went to Casey's mom's side at his grandmother's house! We had good food and fun at all :) Also, I took Sawyer to her first little girl Christmas party - she decorated cookies, did a book exchange, and played. She had so much fun (and so did I)!

Gender: Boy! Dayton Lee Coats!

Movement: movements have slowed to kicks instead of crazy all over the place changes, but he is still way more active than Sawyer ever was!

Food cravings: ICE just about beats all other cravings. It's weird.

What I am looking forward to: having the baby?! I feel like most everything has come together! The nursery only lacks minor details and the pack-n-play bassinet is put together in our room! I'm ready!!

Symptoms: ACID REFLUX, grrrr. Also, one night this week I got up SIX times to use the bathroom. You've got to be kidding me!

At my 36 week, 4 day appointment my blood pressure was 120/80 and  I had gained 1 lb in the last 2 weeks, now weighing in at 142 lbs. Dayton's heart rate was 145. I was not dilated or effaced at all, which was kind of a bummer since I was at my 36 week appointment with Sawyer (at 36 weeks with her I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced already!). Everything is still going well and both Dayton and I are still healthy as horses!
My 36 week picture!

No comments: