Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby #2: Week 38!

Week 38

Baby Changes:
 
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You many not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue.  (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Best moment this week: definitely Saturday! I got to get a massage, manicure, and pedicure at La Bella Belly Spa in Rockwall and then that night Casey & I went to the staff Christmas party at Patti Womack's house where I stuffed myself with lots of delicious food and had a great time talking with friends! :)

Gender: Boy! Dayton Lee Coats 

Movement: a lot less at the beginning of the week, but seems to be more active the last couple of days!

Food cravings: Besides ice, the other night we were all talking about steak at CG and afterwards I was craving meat so Casey went to Sonic and got some food for me at 9:45pm :) Sweet husband :)

What I am looking forward to: having him!!!!!

Symptoms: Oh my gosh…this week has gotten bad people. I am having a lot of pain down low and lots of pressure, too. I have basically limped around the last couple of days. It feels like someone is grabbing me by the tops of my legs and trying to pull me apart like a wishbone. I did NOT have this feeling with Sawyer and I even hear some "popping" when I sit down or move - like bones popping. It is awful and it hurts! It is really bad at night when I am laying in bed a try to turn over to my other side. Apparently there is something called Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction where the hormone called Relaxin can allow your ligaments to get too stretchy and too lose too soon. I think I may have this. It is an odd feeling and very disconcerting to say the least. I go to the doctor again tomorrow and plan to ask all about it! I am also still having to use the bathroom constantly and have acid reflux. Hey, at least my back doesn't hurt!!

Doctor's appointment: On Monday (12/17) I was dilated to 3cm still and he said I was 80% effaced and that the baby's head was "fully engaged" (no joke, I can tell!). My blood pressure was only 112/76 and Dayton's heart rate was 140. I hadn't gained a pound this week so I am still at 26 pounds for the entire pregnancy (quite proud of myself for this, although I didn't really do anything to prevent gaining too much weight). I plan to ask to weigh before and after I have the baby (if I can remember). :) I'm at 144 lbs now. I bet I hit 145, at least, haha. The doctor said "could be anytime" and almost seemed like he thought he wouldn't see before my next appointment which is tomorrow (only 3 days later due to the holidays), but it looks like he'll be wrong. :( I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and he's willing to induce at that point, but we're still gonna hold out. Kind of not liking that anymore, but oh well. :) I think it's best to try to let him come on his own since there is nothing wrong with either of us (no health problems that create a reason to induce), and I want to try to do this without an epidural, but I know the likelihood of me succeeding with that goal will go way down if I'm given Pitocin (because that makes the contractions way harder, and mine aren't so bad -- or at least they weren't with Sawyer!).

If you think about it, you can say a little prayer for me & Dayton: that he would be completely healthy; that labor would be smooth and no complications; that Sawyer would adjust well; (and if you're feeling extra prayerful that he would come soon and we'd be home by Christmas ;)

TO DO:
  1. finish Christmas shopping (only have a FEW items left to go)
  2. wrap remainder of Christmas presents
  3. write my last couple of thank you cards 
  4. hang the bookshelves in the nursery (they have arrived!)
  5. pack my hospital bag
  6. pack a few presents for Sawyer to give to her at the hospital
  7. finish up my schoolwork: 2 papers due 12/12/12
  8. take my defensive driving paperwork to the courthouse as soon as it arrives in the mail
  9. wash Dayton's newborn clothes
  10. charge the video camera/camera
  11. write in Dayton's baby book
  12. get both cars washed/cleaned out
  13. install car seats/infant car seat
Here's my 38 week picture taken at 38 weeks, 2 days. 
 And for some reason this angle/side looks smaller :)
Hurry up, Dayton!!!

No comments: