Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baby #2: Weeks 26, 27, 28, & 29!

Yep, I know, I'm a whole month behind, but I refuse to give up ;) Here are weeks 26-29 of my pregnancy with….
Dayton Lee Coats
Week 26

Baby Changes: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Best moment this week: Lots of good moments this week: 1) I came home from my internship this week and Casey had painted the nursery!! YAY! 2) Going to Rachel's baby shower this week and seeing her open up cute little boy presents:) 3) Going to Jill's shower for baby Julia from Ethiopia! 4) Starting my weekly women's Bible Study from Beth Moore over James!

Gender: It's a boy!

Movement: This boy is a little kicker for sure.

Food cravings: I crave caffeine like a crazy person.

What I am looking forward to: ordering the crib!

Symptoms: relentless back pain. :(

Week 27

Baby Changes: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Best moment this week: Several good moments this week again… :) 1) Plano Balloon Festival with Sawyer & Casey! 2) Laura's bridal shower with my mom and friends! 3) Getting fabric for the glider & ottoman with my mom, Sawyer, Ginni, & Mathis :)

Gender: Boy :)

Movement: I'm growing a soccer player or a boxer in my belly.

Food cravings: Starbucks, Dr Pepper, McDonalds iced mochas…chocolate ;)

What I am looking forward to: we ordered the crib and are waiting to get it in the mail!!

Symptoms: back pain to the max.

Week 28

Baby Changes: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Best moment this week: I got a prenatal massage from my friend Kristen!! It was amazing and really helped with the back pain ;) Casey preached, and we also got to see Mathis dedicated at church.

Gender: Boy! We officially decided on the name DAYTON LEE COATS ;)

Movement: Dayton is a mover! I think he likes sitting on my bladder, too. ;)

Food cravings: caffeine and chocolate

What I am looking forward to: putting the crib together!!

Symptoms: acid reflux is hitting an all-time high…TUMS are still by my bed and still having some back pain.

Week 29

Baby Changes: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Best moment this week: Casey put the crib together!! YAY! We also went away with Casey's fam for the weekend for our 5th annual cabin trip in Oklahoma - we always have a fun time:) On Monday Casey took the day off and we cleaned out the garage and part of Dayton's closet…still a lot more to go in there, though! BUT while cleaning out the garage I found our engagement video that I had lost 5 1/2 years ago!!! We watched it and I cried. :)  I also had my 28 week appt this week and heard Dayton's heart beat at 138 BPM and my BP was 100/60 (still good!). I gained 7 lbs this month, oops! Overall gained 17 lbs for the pregnancy now weighing 134 lbs. 

Gender: Boy! Dayton Lee

Movement: This baby boy wants to keep me awake at night and definitely lets me know when it's morning…I lay on my side and hug a pillow and can actually feel him kicking the pillow! Haha. 

Food cravings: like I've said many times before, Starbucks, Dr Pepper, etc. Wish I didn't!

What I am looking forward to: continuing to work on the nursery…we're slowly making progress :) Also, I am getting a fancy 3D/4D sonogram at La Bella Belly on Saturday - a gift from Casey's parents! YAY! :)

Symptoms: back pain & acid reflux

Here is my 29 week belly pic…I didn't take one for weeks 26-28. Oops!




No comments: