Saturday, November 20, 2010

Telling Casey

I never did share the story or pictures of the night I told Casey I was pregnant…It was September 3rd and we were out to eat at Chuy's in Dallas. I mentioned that I'd like to go to the Galleria real fast because I had ordered a Christmas present for him at a store there and it was in. I told him that I needed the keys so that I could go put the present in the car before we met up. At this point I still hadn't taken a pregnancy test, but I was so sure that I was pregnant I wanted to go ahead and buy some A&M and UT booties at the huge college store (I believe it's called Student Union) that the Galleria has. I had looked everywhere in previous days and couldn't ever find anything. Anyway, they didn't have the booties/socks either, but I ended up getting a UT onesie and an A&M onesie. It was funny because the cashier asked me who was having a baby and I said, "Me, but my husband doesn't know and this is how I am telling him." The guy seemed so shocked and it made me a little nervous to tell Casey! Haha! Men!

Anyway, I put the bag in my purse and pretended that the store didn't have my present yet and off we went…

Casey dropped me off at home and went to a high school football game. He was only gone for an hour, so I immediately drove to the store and bought two pregnancy tests, came home, turned out that I was right, and instead of letting the information sink in I immediately began making Casey a card to go with the onsies. I lit candles in the bedroom just to make it seem special and put the bag with the onesies and the card on his night stand. When he came home I made small talk with him in the kitchen while he got a drink of water, etc. When he walked into the room I asked him to go open his present on the nightstand. He immediately pulled out the card and knew (since it said "We're having a baby!" really big on it). He laughed and said jokingly "what have we done?" At that moment it clicked in my brain and I brought my hands to my face and sobbed for about 5 minutes straight. I am sure Casey thought he had hurt my feelings with his joke - even though he hadn't at all - because he started saying a million things like "Are you okay? It's going to be fun! It will be so fun having a baby! I can't read what you're thinking right now. Are you okay?" Finally I was able to tell him that I wasn't sad, but it was more just hitting me and I was a ball of emotions! Haha. It is actually quite funny looking back on it. I wasn't sad or happy or anything - just shocked! I didn't even give myself a second after taking the test to breathe or think - I just went right ahead to making a card and getting ready to tell Casey!

After I finally calmed down he looked into the bag and saw the two little onesies. We immediately began to talk and get excited at that point. We made plans to go get books the very next morning. That's pretty much all you can do that early on. I also made a doctor's appointment for the next week and found out that I was already 8 weeks pregnant!

Here are some pictures from that memorable night!
Well, that was the story! September 3rd and now it's already been almost 3 months! Time is a flyin'!

No comments: