Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guatemala Greatness

There is just wayyyy too much to write about when I think of Guatemala, and I have let too much time pass in order to do justice to the memories that I made there…so I give up. I'm just going to post some of my favorite pictures and be done with it. Maybe one day I'll put it all into words.
Casey & I the first day before the trip really got started
Pastor's Appreciation Dinner that we hosted - Casey arm wrestling with his new friend :)

half the group on the van!
cute little Celso - how adorable is this?!
Casey playing with the 4 kiddos at the Children's home in Salama!
My favorite girls in Pacux - Wendy, Jenny, and Vanessa. Sooo sweet.
 Vanessa rocking my sunglasses on top of her head - she is such a pretty little girl.
 I spent one full day entertaining these 2 while the others painted - I was quite attached by the end...
The family living in c|Life's children's home - such a sweeeeeet family
 I love this picture - Casey will make one great daddy ;)
 again with our favs in Pacux - I cried my eyes out on this day when we said goodbye…we couldn't help but get attached to these awesome girls.
The next few pictures are from our "fun day" on the last day/night in Antigua, Guat.
Beautiful hotel sitting area - this hotel was so sweet - it reminded me very much of Paris!
 Seriously wish we could've spent more time here - I would have loved to have sat in this area or the one above it and read a good book!
 Yep, those are volcanoes behind us - pretty cool!
 Awesome timing!!! Right when it spewed ash I snapped a picture ;)
 On the scavenger hunt "the world race" that our team won! It was quite intense!! :)
another scavenger hunt pic
 our whole team of winners ;)
Casey saying goodbye to his new translator friend, Jorgan.
 At dinner the last night!
 
 
The last few videos are footage I took while in Pacux. None of the people speak English (or at least the children don't), and in this area and you will hear us speaking a tiny bit of Spanish so don't laugh because I know I have a horrible accent…Casey's actually pretty good though. :) At the end of the 3rd video Casey almost loses his hand to a dog…it's pretty funny. 
Please try to notice the severe poverty in the videos…that's why I wanted to video on the last day. Pictures just don't do it justice. Please pray for these people and for the missionaries that continue to go each year, as well as the pastors in the area that reach out to them daily. I love these sweet people and cannot wait to go back and see them.




No comments: