Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Pregnancy Post :)

Week 6.5: We find out we are pregnant…now you might say that this is a little late to find out - and I would agree with you :) However, I thought that because I had started back to school at 4 weeks pregnant, everything that I was feeling was due to stress of starting a new school year. I even talked about how I must be more stressed out this year because I was wayyy more tired and having a very hard time adjusting to my new eating schedule. I even talked to some of the teachers at lunch one day about how I was starving by 12:15 everyday and almost felt weak when I didn't eat before our normal time. We also now know why I was so cranky…Casey kept saying I was moody and I kept blaming it on school, but it was probably a combination of the two. :)
Also during this time I began feeling a carsick-type nausea…which was even worse when I was actually in a car because I already get carsick. This is still going on, but it is getting better. I have never thrown up though which is nice! I do have to get up earlier in the morning because I feel really nauseas then.
This is a lentil bean - and at 6 weeks the baby was this size
Week 7: I was exhausted all the time. I came home many days after work and took long naps and even longer ones on the weekends. We also started telling family during this time.
At 7 weeks the baby was the size of a blueberry and that's what Casey & I called it for a while :)
Week 8: I had my first doctor's appointment. We saw the baby and heard his or her heartbeat. It looked just like a little ginger bread man! The doctor encouraged me to walk a mile every night so we have started trying to incorporate that into our schedule at night, but it has been hard to do - we get to walk at least 3 times a week, which Lucy loves. :)
We had a blast telling Casey's family this week when we went on our annual cabin trip in Oklahoma. We came up with an Aggie joke to tell them - "what do you call a baby that is half Aggie, half Longhorn? What? We don't know either, we're still trying to figure out a name!" They didn't get the joke, but I was staring at Stephanie and she said, "you're pregnant?!"
I was also very very tired this week. I signed up for different baby apps on my iPhone and also email alerts. I have enjoyed seeing what size fruit the baby is each week :)
At 8 weeks the baby was the size of a kidney bean
Week 9: We kept telling family and started telling a few closed friends this week. I was still exhausted and hungry all the time. :)
9 weeks and the baby is the size of a grape - catching up on that quarter! :)
Week 10: We had our 2nd doctor's appointment this week. We saw the baby and heard his or her heartbeat again. This time the baby was moving all around and did a couple flips - that was neat to see on the screen. :) This week I told all of my girlfriends at Pokeno that I was pregnant with a cute poem in my gift that Kristen read aloud. When she finished reading everyone screamed and took pictures with me - it was a very fun and memorable night. Casey also told a few friends during this week.
at 10 weeks the baby is finally bigger than the quarter - the size of a kumquat!
Week 11: We told Paul & Jill McDill this week and later Casey told the staff at church. I also told everyone at work this week. We received lots of support and sweet messages! Casey was gone to Georgia this week for a conference and I was sick pretty much the whole time. My mom stayed with me and I was tired, achey, had a slight fever, and was constantly having to blow my nose. The runny/stuffy nose part still hasn't subsided. 
quite the growth for week 11 - the size of a fig, but hopefully without a stem ;)
Week 12: We put it on Facebook and got even more sweet messages of congratulations! It was very fun to read all week. This week the fatigue started to wear off a bit and I am feeling more and more like myself. I am also feeling less nauseas in the morning, but brushing my teeth is no fun!! I am just going to have to get use to gagging every morning. I am not quite sure what the problem is :)
The baby looks huge to me now! The size of a lime!!! Wow!

Next pregnancy post coming soon! The baby is 13 weeks, but I'll start doing a post a week - can you guess what fruit/vegetable/item the baby is now? You'll find out soon:)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats Lauren!! Ha and I remember all too well the gagging while brushing my teeth when I was pregnant with Sawyer... fun times! :)

Anonymous said...

the baby looks alot like me at 12 weeks (lime). It must have some good Coats genes in it.

Jon and Steph said...

Awesome news Lauren! You are gonna be such a cute preggo girl and sweet mamma!

Barbara said...

Lauren-
I have enjoyed reading your blogs. It brings back such sweet memories for me and the times I was pregnant. I love the comparison to the fruit, great visual. I guess the baby is the size of a Georgia Peach or a sweet apple :)
Thanks for sharing :)
You are going to be a wonderful Momma!!!