Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mommy Dearest is 50!

In all of the craziness of the snow days, followed closely by Valentine's Day, and shortly after that being spring break - I forgot to blog about my mom's 50th birthday! 50 is quite the milestone. And my mom is SURE that God made it snow on her birthday as a present. =) I called her early on February 12th while on my way to school to tell her to look outside. I knew her view of the lake with snow all around must have been a pretty sight, and I wanted her to see it before cars started driving all over it and making it ugly. She screamed in the phone that it was "just for her birthday!" Haha. Her birthday was the next day, the 13th. The day before Valentine's Day. We celebrated backwards though - Casey & I celebrated V-day on the 13th and then we had a party for my mom on Sunday, the 14th when my grandma and uncle could come up. Here are some pictures from her partay!

Good times turning 50!
She got this card table from my Momma Sheila.
Mom has parties at her house and needed some fold-away seating. 
I got her Gilligan's Island on DVD - she's a sucker for shows like that, The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, and The Beverly Hillbillies. Haha!
I find it hilarious that all the cake said was "Wow 50" Hahahaha!
She gave us Valentine's Day gifts on her birthday=)
My Valentine!

Happy 50th Birthday Momma!
Here's to 50 more!!!!

No comments: