Monday, March 8, 2010

"Best-Mannered Teacher"

Me? Best-Mannered? {Insert mischievous grin here}

*Side note: Did you know I was voted most-mischievous in high school? Yep. I was. At first I wasn't sure why, but then my dear, sweet friends explained to me that I am most definitely mischievous. Always plotting, pranking, planning.

So, I find it interesting that I have been awarded with "best-mannered."

My husband laughed at me since he gets to here me burp all of the time...

Anyway, let me back up. About 2 weeks ago, I got a letter at school from the wife of the superintendent of Forney ISD saying that one of my students, who is in the National League of Junior Cotillions, had written an essay about me, nominating me for the award of "best-mannered teacher." I thought it was neat because this boy isn't even in my homeroom and therefore chose to write about me anyway!

So this past Friday night, Casey & I went to the Grand Spring Ball at the Hampton Inn in Mesquite. The ballroom was the same one we had our wedding reception in. Hadn't been there since then (December 2007). It was so cute seeing all the 6th-8th graders dressed up in fancy dresses and tuxedos. They danced the fox trot and the waltz, and all of the girls were taller than the boys. So funny. =)

Then after a few dances, they called out the students that had written essays about their teachers. There were 5 of us. The students (3 girls and 2 boys) gave their teacher a rose and a certificate before we walked out to take a picture. While we were taking our picture, they announced that my student won the grand prize for the best essay!! I was most excited to hear that! He made his writing teacher proud. =)

I did a short video of the kids dancing, but it won't upload on the blog and I'm frustrated with it! Grrr!
Check out this hilarious picture of my student and I in front of this hilarious prom-like backdrop!
Another neat thing happened to me on Friday! I got teacher of the month at school! I was so excited! I hadn't gotten this award before and felt so lucky to have gotten it in only my 2nd year of teaching! When they announced it over the intercom my students all cheered and clapped for me! They even made me a cute little "Congratulations" sign and hung it in my room. They are so sweet! =) That made for 2 awards in the same day! Yay! =)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I can't believe it is March. I can't believe there's less than 3 months until summer break! Woohoo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again! March has already been a good month for you! I have to say, I really like dress with the coat now that I've seen it in pictures. Good choice! :)

Beverly said...

So cute!! I hope you get a copy of the picture they took.
How exciting for him to win out of the 5 essays! He must be a good writer. Did you get to read the essay? I wonder, from his point of view, what makes you the "best mannered." Probably, you are nice to everyone and don't yell, something like that. :)

cwcoats said...

That picture of me(Casey) makes me look like a tool. With my eyes squinted like that it males it look like I'm trying to be cool, when in fact my ryes were squinted because the room was dark and the flash was blinding! Let the record show!