Saturday, March 27, 2010

Book Signing

A couple of months ago Lauren informed me that my favorite author, Francine Rivers, was going to be in Dallas! From the start I was ecstatic! This event went straight onto my calendar, and I have been looking forward to it for weeks! So, the Friday of spring break Lauren & I went to Barnes & Noble across from North Park to meet Francine Rivers and Beth Moore. Beth Moore being there was icing on the cake! She is a very neat and gracious lady. I like her most for that. Francine I like for her amazing books. My favorites are Redeeming Love and the 3 books of the Mark of the Lion series. The Mark of the Lion series deals with gladiators and a love story in ancient Rome. I read the first one while I was IN Rome, which was really neat, and now I have a special attachment to those books. 

Here are the pictures of our adventure - we were very excited and definitely "picture happy."


Beth is such a sweet lady. I told her that I had heard her talk at Passion in 2005 & 2006 and got to meet her briefly at one of the women's break out sessions there. She told me that she wrote her book, So Long, Insecurity for women my age and really hopes I enjoy it. I am sure I will. =)
When I met Francine I told her I am pretty sure I am her biggest fan. I was shaking like a leaf, so she may have believed me. =) I told her how I read her books in Rome, and I also got her to sign my copy of Redeeming Love even though the Barnes & Noble staff said that she was only allowed to sign her new book (they do that so that they make more money, of course). I had her sign both. =)

To read another great post about this book signing, go to my friend Lauren's Blog!

Hope you're having an excellent spring weekend!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to go. Probably won't get too many chances to be that "up close and personal" with those two great ladies.
I would love to read both books when you are finished. :)

jordanandrachel said...

I can't express how jealous I am you got to meet francine rivers! I would love to meet her, very cool.