Sunday, October 18, 2009

The State Fair of Texas

A couple of weeks ago Casey & I went to the fair!   It was a lot of fun!    Fact: Did you know Texas has the biggest state fair in the United States?    Fact: Did you know the Texas Star is the biggest the ferris wheel in the Western Hemisphere?    Everything’s bigger in Texas!

Here I am with Elsie at the Borden exhibit! :)

20091005_0001

 

Casey & I at the petting zoo! Feeding the lama and ostrich…also loved the baby camel! :)

Casey tried to shoot a faraway shot to win basketball tickets – it was SO close, but didn’t go in.

20091005_0023   20091005_0024

Fried Snickers: so yummy it received a thumbs up!

Casey in front of the Texas Star – the 25th tallest in the history of ferris wheels!

20091005_0033

2 comments:

jordanandrachel said...

I really wanted to go to the fair this year...since it's probably the last time I'll actually be in Dallas for it...but with the move and garage sale that didn't happen, and I am sad. Oh well, I'll have to drive here next year to come!
Anyway, hope your PDAS goes very well. I'm sure you will do very good, it is very evident that you are a successful teacher that engages her kiddos. Let us know how it goes.
Mine went great, it was blast and my kids did SO well=) We have to wait until the end of the year though to find out if we get any 'E's...kind of weird, but new district policy-boo.

Beverly said...

Looks like you had fun. I tried the fried snickers too. It's greatness!!
I love the picture of Casey with the ferris wheel. cute!