Saturday, October 10, 2009

Double the Fun

Last Sunday after church two of my students from last year got baptized. I wrote about their story before, here http://caseyandlaurencoats.blogspot.com/2009/08/power-of-prayer.html?zx=c344d56dc7615d99 They are now in 7th grade and in Casey’s youth group. It has been awesome to see them accept Christ and then show that step of faith by being baptized. I love both of these girls so much and it makes me love my job so much more! It is cool to have kids who I taught last year join our church and youth group the next year when they are in 7th grade. We have 3 of my former students at our church now, and none of them were members before. I can’t wait to see if any of my current students will start coming!

I love this picture of Madison getting baptized with her sister, Paige watching in the water, waiting her turn.

20090927_0007

Madison

Paige

It just so happened, that on the same day, Kristi’s (my team teacher from last year) neices were getting baptized as well! So, Kristi was there! It was a funny little coincidence that both of the twins’ 6th grade teachers were there to see them get baptized. Here is our little reunion picture! :)

Kristi, Lauren, Madison, & Paige

20090927_0020

No comments: