Monday, October 12, 2009

Overbooked

Is anyone else feeling overbooked these days?

I am.

I have had this type of week. Or month rather. This school year has just felt this way altogether.

First off, I have all these after school meetings. Today I had 3 obligations... I had to leave one early to get to the next one, and I had to skip the third one altogether. Makes me feel bad when I have to do stuff like that.

The same thing is going to happen next Monday when we have a somewhat important faculty meeting at school, but I will also have an ESL meeting at admin from 4-7 (which is wayyy too long to be working if you ask me - that's 12 solid hours - not to mention all the other after school stuff I need to do). I have my PDAS evaluation next week (most likely Wednesday) and that's something else that stresses me out. All of my teacher friends out there are understanding that one. (Shout out!)

Thanks for letting me vent to you all, my blogger friends.

Leave me any vents that you may also have. I'll listen. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i just saw your comment about ELLs and it's interesting because it's a huge thing here too! i'm taking a class right now that's all about literacy and they tell us we have to use a content objective AND a language (literacy) objective for each lesson plan we make. apparently Colorado is mandating that all teachers have a certain amount of hours in ELL training by July 30th of 2010, so i'll be taking part in that training sometime in the Spring i guess. it's good to know that educators are on the same page though, even across different states! :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. i'm working on stuff for my literacy class right now, so this topic was already fresh in my mind! haha

Beverly said...

Lauren, I know how all that goes! It never ends (until you retire, anyway.:) It's always something and I know it can be very stressful. But, it's never a dull moment either. Hang in there. Keep having fun with friends. I'll be praying for you!